I love Sundays because they are usually fairly quiet and full of planning for the week ahead. They are also full of cooking, baking and loads of family time. This week for #SundaySupper we get the opportunity to work with Katie Workman, who recently published The Mom 100 Cookbook.
When I finally got my hands on this sweet cookbook, I sat down and read it like a book for 2 days. Her stories are so heart-warming, I almost felt like I was sitting there with her and she was telling me all her stories. Her recipes are perfect for any mom who needs a bit of a recipe arsenal to make dinner time a little easier. At the bottom of this post, I am giving away a copy of her cookbook, so look for details below.
Our theme this week, besides to find something scrumptious to make from her cookbook was Hanging Out With Friends/Portable Dishes. One of my favorite activities besides hanging out with my family, is hanging out with my friends. Occasionally we do dinners potluck style and I have to find something that is portable. Plus, with all the events and activities our family is part of, we certainly do have a need for portable dishes.
I chose Katie’s Cheddar and Cauliflower Soup for a couple of reasons. I love how easy it is. I also really love that it travels well. I love hiding veggies in foods to keep my family eating well and healthy, and while I didn’t set out to hide the Cauliflower in this soup, my kids didn’t actually watch me make it so they had no idea what was in it. The flavor was absolutely amazing. Smooth, rich and delicious. Like a mild cheese soup. That’s what my kids thought they were eating, so I went with it. I did finally reveal to them the secret ingredient, and much to my surprise, they were excited about it. Of course they also have a passion for my Cauliflower Pizza Crust, so…. it’s to be expected they would love this.
I paired this delicious soup with Katie’s Bibb Lettuce with her Homemade Ranch Dressing. You’ll have to get your hands on the cookbook to get that recipe.
We know you’re going to love The Mom 100 Cookbook as much as we do and because of this, we really want to share it with you. We will be giving away copies of Katie Workman’s fabulous cookbook during a live chat at 5:30 Est because we know you and your family will enjoy it. Join us on the #SundaySupper hashtag, answer some questions and you might win!
We will be sharing great family recipes and want you to share yours with us! #SundaySupper starts every week at 3:00pm EST by showcasing fabulous recipes. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all of our followers.
We want to share The Mom 100 Cookbook with you during #SundaySupper this week. Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
Buy: The Mom 100 Cookbook
I have a copy of The Mom 100 Cookbook to give away to one of my blog readers, followers (on twitter) or FB fans/friends. How can you get your own copy of The Mom 100 cookbook? All you have to do is leave a comment, tweet to me (@nicolehcook) using the #SundaySupper hashtag or comment on my Mom100 post on FB, telling me what your favorite recipe to share with friends is. I don’t need the actual recipe but if you’ve blogged it, leave the link and I’ll come check it out. I want to hear what your favorite dish to share with friends is, and it really needs to be portable to follow our theme this week. Anyone who answers the question in any of those three places is entered to win their own copy. I will pick the winner by Monday at 1:00 EST. You will LOVE this cookbook!
Be sure and check out the others participating in this awesome event!
Soups and Salads:
- Japanese Restaurant Salad ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup served in Bread Bowls ~ Daily Dish Recipes
Main Dish Recipes:
- Caribbean Warm Spice Chicken with Cinnamon Ginger & Paprika ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole ~
- Pulled Pork ~ Momma’s Meals
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Teriyaki Skewers ~ Messy Baker Blog
- Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken ~ Family Foodie
- Sauteed Corn Spinach, Bacon and Scallions ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce~ Meal Planning Magic
- One Pot Arroz con Pollo ~ Juanita’s Cocina
- Sesame Noodles ~ Big Bear’s Wife
- Honey Ginger Soy Chicken ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares ~ Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Rum laced Fudgy One Pot Brownies ~
- Bacon & Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Birthday Chocolate Cupcakes ~ Basic and Delicious
- Simple Vanilla Cake ~ Mrs. Mama Hen
- Aaron E’s Favorite Apple Coffee Cake ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Wine Pairings to complement our recipes by ENOFYLZ