Crispy, Crunchy and full of great flavor, it’s so easy and inexpensive to make your own homemade tortilla chips!
We love making our own tortilla chips and the best part is there are so many different ways to make them.
You can use different seasonings, different flavor combinations and wind up with a different chip each time.
My teens love them because they are super easy, fun to dip and make a great snack anytime.
We have a different batch in the oven right now.
We did the butter on the flour tortilla and then sprinkled a mixture of cinnamon and sugar over the chips. HEAVEN!! (and my house smells great!)
So think about it – you can sprinkle any sort of seasoning you want. You could make them more like Dorito’s brand chips by sprinkling some Taco seasoning on them. The possibilities are endless.
Homemade Tortilla Chips Recipe
Homemade Tortilla Chips
- 10 Flour Tortillas or Homemade Flour Tortillas
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic salt and ground cumin.
- Brush butter or olive oil on one side of each flour tortilla.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over each flour tortilla. If you desire more flavoring per tortilla double the seasoning ahead of time.
- Cut each flour tortilla into 8 wedges (like you’re cutting a pizza).
- Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet or pan and place in the oven at 400 degrees for at 6-8 minutes. Six minutes usually makes a softer, chewier chip. Eight minutes makes a crispy chip (but be careful because they burn easily).
- Remove from the oven and dump in a bowl. Serve with sour cream, salsa or guacamole.