Cherry Chocolate Fudge
Crushed candy canes, cherries and chocolaty fudge combine to make this irresistible Cherry Chocolate Fudge.
Why We Love This Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this easy cherry fudge recipe. Here are a few but you really just need to try it for yourself.
- This is a really easy recipe, and makes up plenty of fudge to get a nice chocolate fix!
- It makes a great gift! Coworkers and neighbors will appreciate a platter of this as a gift idea.
- The candy canes are NOT necessary, they just add a nice little crunch. You can top with almost any crushed candy or just leave it plain.
- It comes out smooth and silky, just the way we love our fudge.
We love baking fudge and it’s usually gone pretty quickly. A small piece of fudge can seriously diminish a chocolate craving.
Often, when I am having a chocolate craving, I will make up a batch of this fudge or this super easy fudge recipe. Depends on if I want plain or a little more.
This Cherry Chocolate Fudge has that irresistible chocolate flavor with the sweet & tart flavor of cherries.
What do I need to make this fudge?
- semi sweet chocolate chips – substitute any type of chocolate chip if you lack semi-sweet. Flavor will vary depending on type.
- sweetened condensed milk – do not use evaporated milk in this recipe.
- sea salt – you can use regular salt, but sea salt really brings out the flavors.
- cherry extract – we love this brand of cherry extract, but any will do.
- dried cherries – we prefer Rainier Dried Cherries because they are completely natural and have no added sugar or anything else.
- cherry candy – this is completely optional. We love the added crunch it gives. We used crushed candy canes in this particular recipe, but we’ve also used these awesome cherry candies a few times with really good results.
Since I am doing so much baking and entertaining, I wanted to find some easy recipes.
I wanted a recipe that I could set out at any gathering that would be a huge hit. This one fits the bill!
I picked up some dried cherries and cherry extract to use in this recipe. Then crushed cherry candy on top to really get that full cherry flavor with the chocolate fudge.
Do you love fudge as much as we do? You should also try this Easy Strawberry Fudge. It has only 2 ingredients!
Or try this unique Key Lime Fudge from my friend Ellen! I love changing up our fudge flavors and this one is a hit!
Recipe for Cherry Chocolate Fudge
Whether you are having a chocolate craving, looking for an easy recipe for a gathering or just want to make yourself a snack, this Cherry Chocolate Fudge is the perfect solution.
Cherry Chocolate Fudge
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cherry extract
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- 4 tablespoons cherry candy crushed (optional)
- Line a square 8” baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a pot, over low heat, add the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, cherry extract and the sea salt. Melt, stirring often with a large wooden spoon.
- Once all is well blended, remove from the heat and stir in the the cherry extract and dried cherries.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the wax paper lined baking pan and spread evenly with the back of a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Sprinkle crushed cherry candy on top.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours until firm.
No product could top the Nestle Toll House Morsels. Semi-sweet chocolate, of course! #HolidayMadeSimple #entry