Need a comfort food? This buffalo chicken dip is perfect with the familiar spicy taste of buffalo chicken infused with the zesty tang of ranch dressing.
Do you have a food or a recipe that when you make it, you automatically feel comforted?
Maybe you make it because you need to feel comforted.
Yeah? Me too.
Mine is usually brownies or some kind of chocolate cake and sometimes even ice cream.
This time however, I opted for something a bit more savory. Our favorite Buffalo Chicken Ranch Dip Recipe.
I’ve seen about a million different recipes for buffalo chicken dip running around online lately so it’s become quite popular.
I can’t remember where this particular recipe came from originally, probably Taste of Home magazine sometime in the late 90’s. I don’t really remember where, but I do remember having it on a cut out from a magazine at one point.
And we made it shortly after I found it, and I’ve made it quite a few times now, but I haven’t made it in a long time.
It’s so ridiculously easy and I don’t measure things out very often so… the recipe might be a little different from the original I got from wherever and is probably very much mine at this point.
Right, so… I’ve missed you guys. Like… a lot!
That was really the point I was getting to. I’m way too busy but if I don’t stop and share… well….
…then you’d miss out too. Just saying.
Note: If you decide to cook the chicken in the Crockpot specifically for the Buffalo Chicken Ranch Dip, you can just pour the bottle of hot sauce or wing sauce right in there with it with about 1/4 cup of water and let the chicken cook right there in the hot sauce.
I do recommend having some hot sauce leftover to drizzle into the shredded chicken before placing it in the buffalo chicken dip.
Have you tried a buffalo chicken dip recipe?
Do you have a favorite comfort food? Or maybe just a favorite type of comfort food?
Share it with me in the comments below or leave a link to your favorite recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Ranch
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Ranch
- 1 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1½ cups of Hot Sauce the eqivalent of one bottle or wing sauce
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1½ cups of cheese
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing
- tortilla chips celery sticks, etc, for dipping
- I have bags of shredded chicken in my freezer I can pull out whenever I want to thaw and use it. I usually throw chicken breasts in the crockpot whenever I find them on sale and then shred them or chop them or slice them and place them into baggies to freeze so I can just grab them when I need them. You can also boil or poach the chicken … that’s up to you. But you need roughly 2 cups of shredded chicken which is the equivalent of about a pound of chicken breasts. Doesn’t matter how you get it. Your choice.
- In a large bowl, place the shredded chicken and the Hot Sauce and mix together. You can use hot sauce, or you can do what we did this time and use a wing sauce (I already had one in my pantry!) I used the whole bottle and would have easily added more. Yes, we like hot sauce and wing sauce.
- Let the chicken soak in the hot sauce for about 15-20 minutes.
- Spread your cream cheese into the bottom of an ungreased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle all of the shredded chicken on top of that.
- Sprinkle on the cheese. I actually wind up using all of a 2 cup bag of cheese, but you don’t have to use that much. We like cheese. A lot.
- Put the ranch dressing in a measuring cup with a spout and drizzle it across the whole thing. (I used a lot more than is pictured in that picture up there)
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted and starting to bubble.
- Enjoy! Serve with those scoopable chips or whatever chips you have. Celery is nice too.