Deliciously simple, flavorful yet skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps. The perfect lunch or use the avocado egg salad for something else entirely.
It’s time to get the “skinny” on yummy food. And in this case it’s something mixed with avocado. These awesome Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps.
I have a love affair with avocado. I could pretty much eat it daily, at every meal (and in between), and never grow tired of it.
Which I guess is a good thing due to avocado’s and their amazing amount of protein, beneficial fats, carotenoids, heart healthy ways.
A diet rich in Avocado also helps lower cholesterol levels, which is a good thing for my hubby.
When Brielle was really young, I introduced her to Avocado and she’s been enjoying it ever since. She just loves it.
So when I found out that we were doing a Skinny theme, is was an easy decision to turn to something with Avocado.
I knew we’d love these Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps.
These Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps is one of those things that I honestly really never measured out.
I just kinda threw it all together. We throw things like this together a lot. And I’ve taught Brielle to do the same. ‘
We both knew that that these Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps was one of the skinniest thing we make and that it needed to make it’s debut on my blog.
I have a tendency to take a classic recipe and twist it into something that isn’t traditionally done.
Of course with all this said, I’ve seen at least a dozen or more recipes for Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps but they all called for mayo which is NOT calorie friendly.
And you can substitute Greek yogurt for the mayo, but you don’t even need to with this recipe – it calls for neither.
It’s creamy and wonderful all on it’s own.
We serve these Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps on whole what tortillas and with slices of onion, tomatoes and green pepper to garnish with you if you choose. Enjoy!
Get the “skinny” on all the other great recipes circulating this week. So yummy, so wonderful. Check ’em out!
Sizzling Skinny Appetizers & Soups
- Napa Cabbage wrapped Chinese Spring Rolls by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Tomato Basil Soup by No one Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Skinny Beef Chili by Webicurean
Healthy Skinny Mains & Sides
- Chicken with Herb Tomatoes and Pan Sauce by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Apples and Walnuts by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- ]Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Parchment-Poached Salmon by Simply Gourmet
- Cauliflower Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pasta Primavera by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Soba Noodles with Edamame and Green Onions by Hip Foodie Mom
- Scallops Hong Kong Style by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew by Momma’s Meals
- Polynesian Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Turkey and Black Bean Taco Burgers by In The Kitchen With K P
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs by I Run For Wine
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet by The Weekend Gourmet
- Kale and Quinoa Croquettes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe by Home Cooking Memories
- Cajun Black Beans by Ruffles and Truffles
- Caprese salad by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Guilt Free Skinny Desserts & Snacks
- Sugar Free Banana Almond Muffins by What Smells So Good
- Strawberry Coconut Cinnamon Buns by Juanita’s Cocina
- Warm Apple Crumble by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Skinny Chocolate Almond Pudding by Basic N Delicious
Recipe for Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps
Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 4 hard boiled egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 hard boiled egg whites chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- tortilla wrap or lettuce for wrap
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado. Add the egg yolks and mash together.
- Add the salt, pepper and red wine vinegar and blend together.
- Stir in the egg whites and the chives.
- Lay a piece of lettuce on the wrap. Spoon the avocado egg salad into the wrap. Roll it up and serve with sliced tomatoes. So good!
- If you want to take it a step further, leave the wrap out and roll up in a lettuce wrap!