These Creamy Crack Chicken Sliders are filled with the delicious flavors of the famous dip. A cheesy filling loaded with chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, bacon and ranch dip. It’s not only absolutely delicious, but oh so addicting! These little sliders make a great snack or a filling meal!
This is very easily one of our family favorites! We love to make extra and eat it as dip throughout the week or add some to rice or pasta for a quick lunch.
Why We Love This Recipe
- It’s really a very simple and versatile recipe.
- It makes enough for a whole family, or you can have leftovers and eat as dip or combine into other meals.
- It’s great for parties or get togethers and can be served on slider buns or on regular buns.
- The flavor of the original addictive dip, so a truly favorite meal!
Ingredients for Crack Chicken Sliders
The ingredients for these Creamy Crack Chicken Sliders are easy to find and relatively budget friendly, if you shop wisely.
- chicken breasts – boneless, skinless chicken breasts are recommended, but to be honest, I have made this with shredded rotisserie chicken and it’s almost better.
- ranch dressing mix – So I usually buy the Hidden Valley Ranch Dip & Salad Dressing packets. You can however use actual ranch dressing if that’s what you have on hand. Just be sure to season your chicken well if you don’t use the seasoning packet to season the chicken ahead of time.
- cream cheese – it doesn’t seem to matter if it’s regular, light or fat free, but the regular definitely seems to heat up and melt better.
- cooked crumbled bacon – I usually just cook up my own bacon and use my air fryer bacon recipe, but if you would rather just use real bacon bits, that works too. Just avoid the artificial bacon bits, they are NOT the same and will alter the flavor of this by a lot!
- cheddar cheese – shredding your own block of cheddar cheese is the best way in this recipe. It’s also a more budget friendly way to use shredded cheese. You can use store bought shredded cheese, just be aware that packaged shredded cheese has a coating on it which makes it more difficult to melt. The coating is for keeping it fresh and not allowing it to stick or clump together in the package.
- sliced green onions – Chives work here too but you will get much more flavor from the green onions.
- slider buns – if you don’t have slider buns, and you want to make these with regular hamburger buns, that totally works. And if you want to get a little crazy, try them with onion buns or even pretzel buns! SO SO good!
How to Make these Crack Dip Sliders
Such an easy meal, but you kind of get to choose your cooking method. Printable Recipe Card below.
This works best if you’re using a rotisserie chicken or leftover shredded chicken from another meal. You will combine all the ingredients (except the green onions) in a large pot on the stove, and stir every so often until melted – usually takes about a half hour or so to melt and combine.
See assembly or recipe card for next steps.
This is actually my favorite method, you can get it ready in the morning and finish it up easily right before serving.
You’re going to simply add your chicken breasts into the bottom, sprinkle the ranch seasoning mix on top and then cube your cream cheese and add it in too. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
After this time, remove your lid and shred the chicken well. Stir the cream cheese and chicken all together. Add in the shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cooked bacon and the green onions and give it a good stir to combine.
Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
What to Serve with Crack Chicken Sliders
We added shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes to ours to make it a whole meal, but if you’re looking for a good side dish, here are a few ideas.
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
- Creamy Garlic Green Beans
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Asparagus
- Columbias 1905 Salad (external link)
Creamy Crack Chicken Sliders
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 ounces ranch seasoning mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese
- ½ cup green onions chopped
- 12 slider buns
- Please see post if you are interested in a shorter cooking time using a rotisserie chicken and the stove top.
- Layer your chicken breasts into the bottom of your crockpot, sprinkle the ranch seasoning mix on top and then cube your cream cheese and add it in too. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high.
- After this time, remove your lid and shred the chicken well. Stir the cream cheese and chicken all together. Add in the shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cooked bacon and the green onions and give it a good stir to combine. Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove lid, and gently stir together. Add a heaping spoonful or two of the delicious crack chicken mixture to each of your slider buns, top with any condiments you would like, though I will tell you they are amazing as is. For sides and other options, please refer to post.