Learn how to make air fryer bacon. It’s an easy and splatter free way to cook bacon that comes out perfect. Use your air fryer to make bacon any way you like it. You’ll love the results, and clean up is simple!
Did you know you could use an air fryer to make the most amazing bacon? Me either. I was pretty skeptical the first time we did it. But it works!
It comes out perfect every single time.
Can I season my air fryer bacon?
Yes! We have done this several times.
We’ve marinated the bacon in everything from sweet marinades to savory marinades.
We’ve added black pepper for peppered bacon, we’ve added bbq sauce for barbecued bacon. My only recommendation is to watch the time and check on it occasionally to be sure it’s not overcooking. Add a few minutes if it needs more time.
But, you can play with seasonings, herbs, spices, rubs and marinades, making your bacon flavor choices, endless.
Why use an air fryer?
Well, there are a couple of reasons.
- Fast – It cooks your bacon up faster than any other method, in less time.
- Less Mess – Okay look, any other way you make bacon, you’re going to wind up with grease splatter everywhere. Oven, microwave, stovetop – all of those methods create a bit of a mess and are a pain to clean up. The air fryer keeps everything contained so when it’s time for clean up, it’s simple and easy.
- Perfect – In my humble opinion, it makes the perfect bacon every time. It’s incredibly delicious, unlike bacon cooked any other way. And it’s so easy that why wouldn’t I want that? I don’t have to stand there and watch it, I can go about getting other food together while I am frying up the bacon in my air fryer.
What can I use air fryer bacon for?
I realize the obvious answer is… eating.
But this bacon can be used any way you would use cooked bacon. We put it on sandwiches, crumble it in pasta and salads.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Burgers and Sandwiches
- Pasta and pasta salads
- Fresh Garden Salads
- Baked Potatoes and potato skins
- Dressings, dips and other condiments
- Soups, stews and even chili
- Garnish or on top of finished dishes
An air fryer is so versatile and will cook nearly anything that can be fried the traditional way, without the mess. AND it cooks a lot of things you wouldn’t think it would cook either, which I will be sharing over the next several months.
Our temperatures are warming up, so I’m using our air fryer more and more.
If you loved this recipe, you might also love: