Creamy, Spicy Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip is one of our favorite things to serve on gameday. But with something this delicious, it shouldn’t be saved, it should be made and celebrated anytime you want it!
It’s Super Bowl time! I wish I could get more excited about it, but I can’t.
I just really can’t. I’m really just not a sports girl. In fact, we’re really not much of a sports family.
And to shock you even further, I can honestly tell you that I have no idea who is playing football today. As in .. which teams. I know, I know *gasp*
But it’s just not my thing.
What is my thing though, is the wonderful, scrumptious foods that are served at any good football or tailgating party. That’s my favorite part, so I’m usually in the kitchen cooking all day and my teens come in and help me while hubby enjoys the game.
That’s how we spend our day during football season, but more importantly the Super Bowl because even when my husband’s team isn’t playing, he’s still watching and routing for someone. I have to keep him fed and happy and this dip is just the answer.
Not to mention that I am not sure I have a single friend (okay so I have a few… special shout out to Jen, in particular) that doesn’t just love football. It really only makes sense, since gameday foods are some of our favorites.
When I found out that this weeks theme was actually going to be Super Bowl Snacks, I was all over it. I told you, I love the food aspect. I knew what I wanted to make from the get go.
This Jalapeno Popper Dip gets rave reviews each time I make it and it’s one of those dips we enjoy having just because. My teenagers devour it quickly and I will tell you, they were trying to stick their fingers in it while we were photographing it. They aren’t heathens, they just really like it.
You will too.
I see variations of this all over the Internet all the time – they all look fantatic. This is the way we make it and I got this out of one of those little spiral bound local cookbooks when I was just a little older than my teens now.
Who wants some Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip?
Be sure and check out the rest of the gang and the great recipes in this week’s Super Bowl Party!
Super Bowl Appetizers & Snacks:
- All American Ranch Cheese Ball from The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip from In the Kitchen with KP
- Bacon Kettle Corn from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip from Daily Dish Recipes
- Gulf Coast Smoked Tuna Dip from 30A Eats
- Little Filo Cheese Rolls from Food Lust People Love
- Mini Crab Bites from Webicurean
- Muffuletta Skewers from Magnolia Days
- Peach Jalapeno Fritters from I Run for Wine
- Philly Cheesesteak Bites from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Pretzel Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pizza Wontons from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Refried Black Beans with Pita Chips from Basic N Delicious
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Dates from Noshing with the Nolands
- Wonton Cones Filled with Oriental Salad from Simply Gourmet
Super Bowl Main Dishes:
- Green Chile Cheeseburgers from Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Pizza with Sausage and Spinach from Ruffles & Truffles
- Pigs in Sleeping Bags from Comfy Cuisine
- Vegan “Hamburger Helper” Soup from What Smells So Good?
Super Bowl Desserts:
- Sweet Little Pastries from Happy Baking Days
Recipe for Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip
Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip
For the Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 6-8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 5 jalapeno’s chopped and de-seeded.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup diced green onion
For the Topping
- 1 cup of crushed crackers Tollhouse, Ritz, etc.
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ stick of butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a big bowl, mix the cream cheese and the mayonnaise together well.
- Add the bacon, jalapenos, green onions and cheese. Mix together well.
- Using a spatula, transfer the cream cheese mixture into an oven safe dish. I usually use a 9″ pie plate with about a 1″ lip.
- In another bowl, mix together the ingredients for the topping and spread across the top of the cheese mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with crackers, veggies or bread. Enjoy!