A great start to your day, these easy Fast and Delicious Breakfast Skillet Potatoes pair nicely with almost anything you wish to pair them with!
It’s that time once again. What time is that? It’s time for Group A’s May Secret Recipe Club reveal, of course!
I’ve found myself with little time to do these kind of things anymore. These group things I mean.
But I have been a member of Secret Recipe Club for so many years, I feel like I wouldn’t be complete without a SRC recipe every month. So this one stays.
This month I had the sweet and amazing Andrea’s blog, Adventure’s in All Things Food. It’s blogs like Andrea’s that keep me in the SRC. I love her blog. And much like the years I’ve been participating in SRC, I’ve known Andrea as long.
Not well, but we run in the same circles 😉 We’ve hosted a couple of things together and participated in lots of things and I’ve always loved her blog.
In 2012 I fell in love with this Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake she posted for my sweet friend Tina’s Crazy Cooking Challenge.
I made it then, I’ve made it a few times since and if you scroll to the bottom of this post, I made it again last week because I was excited I had Andrea’s blog. haha Call it a celebration cake or something.
Actually, I don’t really care what it’s called because it’s good and very easy and well, both of those things are amazing. I almost did this cake for SRC this month, but then I spotted her Skillet Potatoes and I was sold.
These scrumptious, savory potatoes are absolutely heavenly any time of day, but we loved them most especially for breakfast. We served them with a scrambled eggs and bacon.
What better way to start the day? And while we had just a small amount of leftovers (I made a lot for just two people), the following morning I threw in some crumbled sausage and I’m telling you, I could eat these anytime.
I really didn’t make any changes except to season everything a little.
A dash of salt & pepper, I sauteed the mushrooms in garlic with a dash of salt, and added some herbs at the end.
Honestly, Andrea this is probably going to become one of my go-to recipes for mornings I want a delicious breakfast and have time to make it.
Andrea recommends baking the potatoes just until done and then refrigerating them overnight. I think she’s onto something here. Makes prep easy in the morning too.
And here is a little peek at the Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake I’ve coveted since she first posted. Click on the link (or the photo) to get the recipe.
Recipe for Breakfast Skillet Potatoes
Fast and Delicious Breakfast Skillet Potatoes
- olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 large russet potatoes cubed (pre-cooked and chilled overnight)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- salt & pepper herbs to taste
- Preheat your cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil and minced garlic.
- Saute the mushrooms till soft and tender.
- Toss in the spinach. Wilt the spinach and then spoon everything into a bowl and set aside.
- Let the pan reheat a bit and add just a bit of olive oil.
- Toss the potatoes into the skillet and before turning them, allow them to get a little crust on them. (I swear that was the best part!)
- When you’re ready to turn them, add the butter.
- When the potatoes are nice and golden, add the mushroom and spinach mixture back in. Turn off the heat.
- Top everything with cheddar cheese and then cover with a lid or plate till the cheese has started to melt.
- Serve immediately.