These Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Sandwiches are the perfect lunch or fast weeknight dinner.
Air frying chicken is an easy way to get lunch or dinner on the table.
Using the air fryer keeps the chicken nice and juicy on the inside, and keeps the breading crisp on the outside.
Hi guys! It’s been a long time since you’ve seen a post from me.
This is the first post I’ve done for my mom in 2020.
I’ve been crazy busy with my boyfriend and of course, Carsyn.
Carsyn is four now!
It’s so hard to believe my little man is growing up.
And he’s got a huge appetite most of the time.
He loves Nana’s cooking, but he also loves the things I make him too!
He’s a lot like me when I was little.
He loves fruits and veggies and eats them a lot.
He actually likes most things once he’s tried them.
Getting him to try them isn’t always easy, but he seems to really like a lot of things.
He likes Sushi. Like a lot. So…
In October my mom had him try frog legs and he loved those too.
According to my mom who seems to keep a record haha his favorite foods are Sushi, cheeseburgers, tomatoes, pancakes and pineapple soda.
But he really does eat all kinds of things.
The night we made these Chicken Sandwiches, I wasn’t completely sure if they would be too spicy for him.
I love spicy food so I usually make it very spicy.
But with these I knew if I left out the mayo on his, he’d be fine.
He did decide to eat his with only plain mayo.
The spice in the chicken is mild, but can be modified to either be left out if you don’t want any spice in the chicken.
Or simply by adjusting the amount of cayenne pepper you put in the outside seasoning.
These make a great fast and easy lunch or the perfect weeknight dinner on those nights you need to whip up something fast.
And they are so good.
They are so good that we made them like 5 times in two weeks.
Yeah. That good.
You can pile on the veggies which does help cut down on the spice or simply leave them off.
You can add cheese… or not.
For more spice, these are amazing with Pepper Jack Cheese.
But any cheese is perfectly fine except your milder cheeses because you probably won’t taste them. ha!
More Fantastic Sandwich Recipes
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Grilled Pizza Sandwiches
- Crockpot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches
Notes for Making Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Sandwiches
You can have these on the table in under 20 minutes!
A few notes to remember:
- Don’t crowd the chicken in the air fryer. Allow the air to circulate.
- At the halfway mark flip them over.
- Always test chicken with a thermometer to make sure the thickest part is cooked to 165 degrees F.
- Remember that all air fryers are created differently and will cook differently, so check your chicken often and adjust cooking times accordingly.
- This chicken can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until you’re ready to use it. Microwave for approximately 1-2 minutes to get it ready for your sandwich or simply serve cold.
Recipe for Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Sandwiches
Printable recipe below.