Super Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
The right amount of cream and cheese combine in this macaroni and cheese, making it one of our favorite Super Creamy Macaroni and Cheese recipes!
It’s that time again! Monday means, it’s time for This Week’s Cravings!
First, Tina cracked me up when I saw on her list that we were doing Macaroni and Cheese.
You see, I also participate in Tina’s Crazy Cooking Challenge every month, and a couple of months back we were challenged to find the BEST Macaroni & Cheese recipe.
Well, I already had one that we swear by, so I had to search out and find another that we liked even more and I found another one.
But how was I going to find a third one? How easy could that be?
So here I was faced with the challenge of posting another new Macaroni & Cheese recipe that I didn’t have already posted on my blog and that we all loved as much as the other two.
And I have rules about my Macaroni and Cheese, yes I do.
I don’t like Baked Macaroni & Cheese. Not at all – I think it just gets too dry.
My M&C has to be moist, creamy and flavorful. So stovetop is about the only way I go.
So when faced with the challenge, guess where I turned?
Yep. To the Macaroni & Cheese Crazy Cooking Challenge and there had been one I had been eyeballing since the day that went live that I really wanted to try, and we did, and it was oh, so, creamy – super yummy – delicious.
Honestly I liked it even better than the one I posted the day of the reveal.
I got this recipe from Lark’s Country Heart.
As a final touch you can add bacon pieces in and mix.
We loved this recipe. It was so flavorful, so delicious, and just like Lark, we did only one small modification.
She added Jalapeno Juice to hers, we topped ours with a sprinkling of Cajun Seasoning.
At any rate, with or without the modifications, it was absolutely delicious.
The original recipe is from: Butter and Oven Mitts
Super Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Do you have a favorite method, technique or recipe that makes the perfect macaroni and cheese every time?
Super Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- 16-17.5 oz. Cooked Macaroni Pasta
- ½ C. Butter
- 3 TBSP. Flour
- 1 ¾ C. Milk
- ¼ C. Heavy Cream
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese-softened
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 C. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 C. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 strips of bacon optional
- Boil your pasta per package directions; drain.
- While your pasta is boiling, in a sauce pan mix the butter and the flour, cooking for 1 minute. What I found fascinating is that the entire recipe begins with a Basic Roux. I really think that makes a huge difference in flavor.
- Once you have the flour and butter together, add in the milk, the cream and all of the seasonings. Using your whisk, whisk until it is all smooth.
- Add in the cream cheese and stir until melted. The mixture will start to thicken. Now add all the shredded cheese. Continue stirring until everything is completely melted and combined.
- Drain your pasta and then transfer it to a large bowl. Pour the cheese sauce over the top and toss the sauce and pasta together.
- As a final touch you can add bacon pieces in and mix.
- We loved this recipe. It was so flavorful, so delicious, and just like Lark, we did only one small modification. She added Jalapeno Juice to hers, we topped ours with a sprinkling of Cajun Seasoning. At any rate, with or without the modifications, it was absolutely delicious.
SO many mac and cheese recipes! My kids don’t like baked macaroni and cheese either, so I am loving this one, especially with the cream cheese, onion and garlic. It sounds stellar! Hope you had a great Christmas and that you are doing well.
I love creamy mac and cheese! Great recipe for This Weeks Cravings!
That looks SOOOO good. I bet it would be even better topped with bacon.
Whoa. So much mac and cheese and so little time. I am sad I currently live in Argentina where cheese is overpriced and not all kinds (such as cheddar) are readily available. I will bookmark these for my return to the US.