Healthy, nutritious snack or meal idea, these Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are perfect anytime! Fresh ingredients, simple preparation and quick meal planning.
Looking for a quick and easy recipe with fresh tomatoes? Look no further. These delicious Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are the perfect weeknight dinner. Want to go meatless? Leave out the bacon and they are just as good!
Plus they are a great way to kick off the New Year. Like I said, cut down the bacon or go completely without.
They are so fresh, delicious and easy to make.
And you can totally get creative with them. You can add what you want, take away what you don’t want and just generally make something new but make them often! SO fab!
They are very filling as well, so you won’t be starving afterward.
They make a great snack, appetizer or even a main dish!
So are you ready to hear more about these Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms? They really are super easy.
The ingredients I use are the ingredients I always seem to have on hand, so they aren’t a difficult dinner and don’t require a lot.
Basically I just preheat the oven to 375, brush my portobellos with some olive oil, make some bacon up, stuff all of the ingredients into the portobellos, sprinkle with a little sea salt and pepper and bake for about 30-45 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
We like to drizzle ours with a little balsamic vinegar before serving, but you do what you like.
We often use a flavored balsamic just to add a little additional flavor and it pairs so well with all the vegetables, the cheese…. just so yummy!
Are you looking for some more great recipes using fresh tomatoes? Well you don’t need to look a whole lot further, because here’s a list of some great recipes! Enjoy!!
Recipes Using Fresh Tomatoes
- Caprese Chicken with Bacon by Family Around The Table
- Cheesy Caprese Pesto Chicken and Quinoa Casserole by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Bronzed Tomato Spinach Cheddar Panini by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pizza, Pies, and Pastas
- Pressure Canned Homegrown Tomato Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Savory Tomato Pie with Pre-Made Crust by The Foodie Affair
- Bruschetta di Pomodoro by The Freshman Cook
- Caprese Garlic Bread with Arugula Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Tomato Tulips for a Veggie Platter by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- IPA (India Pale Ale) Green Tomato Pickles by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Nachos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Tropical Fruit Salsa by Pies and Plots
Soups and Salads
- Cherry Tomato and Preserved Lemon Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Cupboard Tomato Mozzarella Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Rustic Dill Tomato Soup by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Ready to make Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms?
More Delicious Stuffed Mushroom Recipes
- Seasoned Tomato and Pepper Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- White Albacore Tuna Stuffed Portobella Mushrooms
Recipe for Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobella Mushrooms
Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- extra-virgin olive oil to brush on mushrooms
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 4 strips of bacon soft cooked and cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves minced
- ground sea salt
- ground pepper
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 425º.
- Brush each Portobello cap with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place them top down on a foil-lined or parchment-lined baking sheet,
- Add ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese to each mushroom cap.
- Top with sliced bacon, halved tomatoes, minced garlic and minced basil.
- Season with a shake of ground sea salt and ground pepper.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and mushrooms are soft.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.