Golden sponge cake sandwiching a delicious strawberry cream layer topped with whipped cream and strawberries. Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake is not your typical strawberry shortcake. Delicate, elegant and absolutely perfect for your summer time event.
This Strawberry Shortcake Cake was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent some amazing samples by some of our sponsor companies to use if I wanted, but as always content and opinions are 100% honest and my own
Welcome to 2019 #SummerDessertWeek!
This week we are celebrating desserts galore! You will find something for any of your dessert needs. From family BBQ’s to a simple just because snack. A big group of us have come together to share some of our favorite summertime dessert recipes with you!
Today I am bringing this absolutely incredible Strawberry Shortcake Cake. It is our favorite summer dessert around here.
Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake is light, delicate and moist. The sweet summery flavor of Strawberries shines through. It’s not your usual Strawberry Shortcake.
While it does take a little time to assemble, the recipe is very easy and uses items you probably already have or can get quite easily almost anywhere.
While it’s easy, there are four key components to the recipe. Here are the four steps to essentially making the best strawberry shortcake cake.
Four Steps to Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- Vanilla Sponge Cake: For this recipe, we make an easy vanilla sponge cake that requires ingredients you probably have on hand, and nothing special. You will start by baking up the sponge cake, allowing it to cool completely and then doing the rest. The cake needs to be cooled completely before doing anything else or everything will just slide off.
- Strawberry Cream Filling: This is your cream that goes in between the two layers. This incredibly easy strawberry cream filling can be made while you’re baking the cake, and then chilled. It will need to firm up in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Whipped Cream: Homemade whipped cream is always better both in the creaminess and taste factor, than the store-bought counterparts. It’s SO easy to make and you can use it for just about anything. BUT this cake is incredible with store-bought whipped cream too, so you use what you like.
- Fresh Juicy Strawberries and pie filling: Fresh strawberries are the best in this recipe. You can either use store-bought pie filling or make your own homemade pie filling. I have done both and honestly they are both delicious, so again this will be a personal preference. Just be sure to use fresh strawberries on top, no matter which you use.
A great big shout out to Dixie Crystals for all the sugar used in my baking, Anolon for the incredible, high quality spring form pan I used to make the sponge cake and Adams Extract for the Vanilla and Strawberry Extract used to make this cream filled shortcake cake.
They are also part of our giveaway which you will find at the bottom of the post until it is over.
Check out other Summer Desserts!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food
Let’s make Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake
Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors:
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.