A few days ago, I mentioned these awesome Smucker’s® Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads I got from Kroger. They come in four delicious flavors – Blueberry Lemon, Strawberry, Tropical and Mixed Berry. We have had so much fun in the kitchen trying them out in all sorts of recipes, but none that are as delicious as these Tropical Fruit and Honey Swirled Donuts. These baked donuts are cake-like and delicious, with the Smucker’s® Fruit & Honey Tropical Fruit Spread swirled through out the donut. If you swirll it well there isn’t a single bite of donut that doesn’t have some of that Tropical goodness. Yes please. A wonderful breakfast, brunch, snack or just a simple break time treat.
Tropical Fruit and Honey Swirled Donuts #FruitandHoney
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1?2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 jar of Smucker's® Fruit & Honey Tropical Fruit Spread
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray donut pans.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and blend together well.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly pour into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Pour the milk in and mix together.
- Pipe batter into the donut pans.
- Using a knife, swirl Smucker’s® Fruit & Honey Tropical Fruit Spread throughout each donut and on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until donuts are turning golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Melt ½ cup of butter in one bowl and put sugar in another bowl.
- Dip each donut into the butter and then dredge through the sugar.
Now don’t get me wrong. These fruit spreads aren’t just for use in recipes, though they kick any recipe up a notch. They are also wonderful spread on toast, bagels, waffles, topped on pancakes, on sandwiches, shall I go on? With four flavors to choose from, there is something for every taste bud and treat.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company®. The opinions and text are all mine.