I probably should have posted this closer to the holidays but here’s the thing – it’s chocolate – and rum – and I like it anytime of year. I don’t wait for holidays to indulge in favorites! Moist and delicious! Good for holidays or anytime!
Chocolate Rum Cake
- 1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white rum
For Rum Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a Bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl, beat the cake mix, instant pudding mix, eggs, oil, ½ cup of water, and ½ cup of rum for two minutes. Pour batter into a Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Can be made with or without Rum Glaze.
For Rum Glaze:
- In a saucepan combine the butter, sugar, ¼ cup of rum, and ¼ cup of water.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour immediately over still warm cake while warm.
- Slice and enjoy!!
Do you have a recipe that many make only at the holidays but you make anytime?