Spicy, tangy and creamy, Buffalo Chicken Wraps are stuffed with chicken, cheese and delicious buffalo sauce all wrapped up in a delicate flour tortilla.
This delicious spicy wrap is perfect for a quick dinner, to take on a picnic or to pack in your child’s lunchbox.
A couple of weeks ago we went to the park for dinner and created different chicken wraps. Last time,
I told you about the Southwestern Chipotle Chicken Sandwich Wraps we made, but we also made another kind of wrap, so now I will share the Buffalo Chicken Wraps recipe we made as well.
As I mentioned in the previous recipe, often we make the chicken up ahead of time and freeze it.
When we know we are going to be needing a quick dinner or something we can take with us, we thaw it just before we’re ready to go and then make the wraps up fresh.
They are great for a quick week night meal, but they are also perfect for school lunches, picnics and other events.
We also often make our own homemade flour tortillas – we normally do that when we are making the wraps because they are fairly quick to throw together.
However, we also buy flour tortillas from the store, as was the case the day we made these to take to the park.
These are really good. I realize they seem simple, and maybe they are – but they are just awesome and we love them.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Wraps
- 4 flour tortillas make your own by going to the recipe I link above
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper hot sauce or other hot sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 c. shredded lettuce
- ¾ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven broiler.
- Put chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper and using a mallet, pound the chicken to an even thickness.
- Slice the chicken into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a bowl, mix the hot sauce with the oil and then dump the chicken strips into the mixture and toss until the chicken is well coated.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange the chicken spaced out and broil it about 4-6 minutes, turning once at about the halfway point. Make sure chicken is cook thoroughly before removing from the oven, watching closely to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Lay out your 4 flour tortillas.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the shredded cheese on each of the flour tortillas.
- Add 1/4 of the shredded lettuce to each flour tortilla.
- Layer the chicken on top of the cheese and lettuce.
- Roll up and eat. Yum!