With the weather as nice as it’s been we’ve been trying to eat out on the patio and even at the park occasionally.
Often we light up a fire pit out on the patio, and sit outside eating our wraps and talking well into the night.
I love spending time with my kids, so occasionally I do take it easy in the kitchen and this is one of those meals that is super quick to prepare.
We make the chicken up ahead of time and freeze it, then all we have to do is thaw it and warm it right before we make it. These are obviously perfect for a last minute week night meal.
Plus they pack great in a lunchbox for school.
What goes well in these Southwestern Wraps?
- black beans
- roasted red peppers
- green pepper strips
- black olives
- diced onions
- different cheese
You can make your own Homemade Flour Tortillas
If you want to you can make your own homemade flour tortillas – we usually do, but the night that we made these to photograph – we were on our way out the door to the park and had to grab what we had.
The flour tortilla recipe I link to, is our go-to recipe for all flour tortillas – they are AMAZING.
We LOVE Southwestern Chipotle Sandwich Wraps!
These are really good. I realize they seem simple, and maybe they are – but they are just awesome and we love them.
More great southwestern recipes:
- Southwestern Spicy Chicken Ziti Pasta
- Southwestern Grilled Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Southwest Shrimp Cobb Salad
Recipe for Southwestern Chipotle Sandwich Wraps
Southwestern Chipotle Sandwich Wraps
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1-2 cups chicken breast cooked and cut into strips or cut again into squares
- 4 pieces of fresh lettuce or fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoons chipotle sauce recipe right below, adjust for taste
For the Chipotle Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons pureed Chipotle Chili in Adobo
- ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- For the wrap: Lay out your flour tortilla.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the spicy chipotle sauce on the tortilla. Add more if you like more spice.
- Layer the chicken on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the chicken.
- Add a piece of lettuce.
- Roll up and eat. Yum!
- For the Chipotle Sauce: Combine all of the ingredients listed for the sauce together in a food processor or a blender until smooth. Can be used on sandwiches, meat, veggies and more. We store it in a re-purposed squeezable mustard or mayo bottle and keep it in the fridge for about 2 weeks. (doesn't usually last any longer than that, because we eat it all)