Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream
This Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream is Dairy, Egg, & Soy Free. It’s also ridiculously delicious and a little addicting. We ate a lot. And then made it again…
Alright, let’s be honest. I’m not really a gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free kinda girl. That’s probably really obvious when you look around at the majority of my recipes. That’s not to say I don’t eat that way occasionally, but I can assure you it isn’t done on purpose. Interestingly I am lactose intolerant, my brother is allergic to dairy, we have several friends that are severely allergic to peanuts, my husband is severely allergic to strawberries and pears (not that it is the same), but you get the point. It isn’t that I wouldn’t like to cook that way from time to time, it’s just… I don’t actually have to, so I never took the time to learn.
When #SundaySupper decided this week was “Free For All” and was going to encompass the things I mentioned above and more, I went ahead and took on the challenge. I was actually pleasantly surprised to learn that I already make a lot of things the right way, with the exception of gluten. I know so little about gluten free cooking, I won’t even pretend. I am learning though.
Now, after my whirlwind crazy weekend LAST weekend, this week has been wonderful and full of much better things. However, mini me has headed to her 3 week stay at Truman State University and I’m missing her like crazy. There’s something kind of surreal about dropping a 15 year old (and 14 last year) off at college. Just saying.
Before I drove her yesterday, we spent a LOT of time in the kitchen this week, and this wonderfully delicious Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream is one of the resulting recipes. We’ve made it a few times, but this time we tried eating them with some vanilla curd drizzled on top, and oh my… there are not words. It was so good. It made amazing, spectacular.
- 1 cup strongly brewed Chai Black Tea - I used Tazo Black Tea, Organic, Chai (4 bags to 1 cup of boiling water and I squeezed all excess water out of the bags)
- 2 cans (3¼ cups) coconut milk
- ⅔ cup of Organic Raw Agave Nectar
- 2 Tbs. arrowroot starch (optional, but preferred)
- In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup of the coconut milk with the arrowroot starch. Whisk well to combine them.
- Shake your cans of coconut milk really well before opening to ensure the coconut cream and coconut water are better combined when opening.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove over medium heat, whisk together the arrowroot starch/coconut milk mixture with the tea, agave nectar and all of the remaining coconut milk until blended well. Heat the mixture for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator before putting into the ice cream maker.
- Follow manufacturers directions for your ice cream maker.
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding bygirlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe byMasala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles bySmall Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yogurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlovas by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe, Strawberry, & Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream byCookistry
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Nut & Fat Free Chocolate Angel Food Cake by Table for Seven
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
We’d love if you joined our #SundaySupper chat on Twitter too: we’ll tweet throughout the day and share all of our recipes. Then at 7:00pm EST we’ll start our weekly chat. Please jump in anytime and join us! To join in, just follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets. You can also check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.