Cheesy, Tangy, Saucy, Delicious – just a few adjectives I can use to describe this amazing Ranch BBQ Cheesy Skillet Dinner. Easy weeknight dinner at it’s finest!
There is nothing I love more than the challenge of throwing simple dinners together for under $20 and feeding such a large family of hungry, growing teenagers.
This Ranch BBQ Cheesy Skillet Dinner is not only under $20, but I was able to put together a fresh salad AND dessert all for under $20! Can’t beat that!
As many know, around the 1st and the 15th of every month, money can be tight.
We have bills to pay, tuition costs, school supplies this time of year and more. It doesn’t leave a lot leftover for big fancy meals.
That’s where Walmart’s awesome Rollbacks come in.
They are continuously rolling back amazing products and right now several Kraft products are on Rollback and I used three of those Kraft products to make this quick and easy Ranch BBQ Cheesy Skillet Dinner.
When I save money, it gives me that money to use in other ways, like hanging out with my family at the movies, or a local fair or festival. I’d rather be hanging out with them anyway.
This Kraft Ranch BBQ Cheesy Chicken Skillet Dinner started with a Velveeta Cheesy Skillet Dinner Kit which are inexpensive on their own.
You simply add your own meat, we used chicken, and if you’re brave and daring like me, you add your own sauces and make it even better!
I got all of my ingredients at Walmart for $6 with the Rollbacks using no coupons. Seriously it was so easy to save!
And because I am frugal by nature, I sought chicken for my budget meals.
I chose chicken that was reduced to sell quick since I was planning on making it that night.
Plus I am able to freeze any extra I bought (and I definitely bought extra). I also threw in the fixings for a fresh salad, and we already had the Ranch dressing so we were good to go there.
And with the $6 or so dollars I had leftover, I bought them a pie that we baked up in the oven while we were devouring this lovely meal.
This entire meal was a huge hit with my hungry teens and I was told immediately that I needed to make it again.
For under $20 to feed 5 hungry teenagers (with leftovers)? I’ll take it!
They loved the tangy BBQ flavor mixed into the cheese sauce and the zesty ranch was pure genius.
Every noodle was coated in delicious flavor and the chicken made the whole meal. We will be making this Ranch BBQ Cheesy Skillet Dinner a LOT!
I simply sauteed cut up chicken in olive oil with a little salt and pepper and a few seasonings and added them to the meal. Simply delicious!
What I can tell you this meal went fast.
Honestly I had a thought somewhere along the line that I should have just doubled it.
It would have only cost me about $2 more to get one more box of the Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner.
Everything else there was plenty of already.
Since we made this originally, I was able to whip up another batch of this Skillet Dinner a few nights later and it has now made it into our arsenal of budget recipes.
More Easy Budget Friendly Dinner Ideas:
- Taco Bake
- Saucy Roast Beef and Swiss Sliders
- Easy Southwestern Grilled Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Caramelized Onions
Ranch BBQ Cheesy Skillet Dinner Recipe
What’s are your favorite budget meals and simple dinners?
Ranch BBQ Cheesy Skillet Dinner Recipe
Ranch BBQ Cheesy Skillet Dinner
- 1 box Kraft Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit and flavor you wish
- ¼ cup Kraft Barbecue Sauce plus more for on top
- 2-3 Tablespoons Kraft Ranch Dressing plus more for on top
- 1-2 lbs of grilled sliced chicken
- Begin by following the directions on the Kraft Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit.
- While your pasta is cooking, grill sliced chicken on the stovetop in a pan. I added some olive oil, salt, pepper and some seasonings to give the chicken a little flavor. When finished, remove from heat and set aside.
- Resuming the creation of the Kraft Cheesy Skillets Dinner Kit, continue to follow the directions, adding the other packet and chicken when called for. Once everything is complete with the dinner kit, add 1/4 cup of Kraft Barbecue sauce and 2-3 Tablespoons of Kraft Ranch Dressing. Stir everything together and put in serving dish.
- Drizzle more Kraft Barbecue Sauce and Kraft Ranch Dressing across the top.
- Enjoy your easy, budget friendly meal!