Two Ingredient Lemon Bars are a simple way to make a summer treat fast and easy.
We’re about halfway there with the A to Z Challenge at this point, and today’s post is all about some very easy Two Ingredient Lemon Bars.
These turn out with a light lemony citrus flavor and a moist soft cake, that is light and fluffy.
I did sprinkle powdered sugar over the top, so I guess in reality if you decide to do that too, they are then THREE ingredient Lemon Bars.
Either way they are extremely easy, very delicious and I can think of all kinds of ways to change them up and make them even better.
They come out pretty much like Lemon Angel Food Cake (Surprise, I know). haha But you could do so much with them.
To change up these TWO ingredient Lemon Bars:
- Add lemon zest to the batter or even on top at the end.
- Sprinkle Powdered Sugar on top.
- Use an extra can of lemon pie filling in the mix to make them more like traditional lemon bars
- Before baking, layer sliced lemon on top
What would you do to change these up? Or would you just enjoy them as is? (Trust me they are delicious as is!)
Want to check out the other posts I’ve done in the Blogging A to Z Challenge so far?
- A – Avocado Chocolate Mousse (two ingredients)
- B – Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream (two ingredients)
- C – Italian Crockpot Chicken (two ingredients)
- D – DIY Dog Treats (two ingredients)
- E – Easy Strawberry Fudge (two ingredients) And I was lazy, I combined E &F)
- F – This can either be the one above it or the one below it.
- G – Ghirardelli Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Cake (three ingredients)
- H – Hospital (haha I was sick as a dog!) Just use your imagination here.
- I – Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream Bread (two ingredients)
- J – Jalapeno Poppers (three ingredients)
- K – Cookies and Cream Kiss Dip (three ingredients)
- L – Lemon Bars (Two Ingredients)
Here’s another fun, easy to make Lemon Bar Recipe.
Two Ingredient Lemon Bars
- 1 22 ounce can of lemon pie filling
- 1 box of angel food cake mix needs to be the just add water kind - but do NOT add water, eggs, oil or any other ingredient!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl or using your stand mixer, mix together the lemon pie filling and the angel food cake mix until smooth with no lumps.
Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
Bake at 350 degrees for 28-35 minutes or until slightly golden.
Top with powdered sugar if desired.