This Avocado Pasta coated in an easy Guacamole is amazing. Refreshing. Guacamole Avocado Pasta is just what you need for a summer evening dinner!
We all know that weeknights are usually quite hectic and so we’re looking for good options to feed our kids. Something quick, healthy and delicious.
We thought it would be fun to create this Guacamole Avocado Pasta.
The story behind this pasta is simple but was definitely an accident. Years ago, I was on a deadline for a writing assignment and had only a few hours left but had written straight through breakfast, a snack and I was freakin’ hungry.
I desperately needed to run to the store, but really had no time. The night before we had done a Mexican Fiesta with tacos, nachos and of course, guacamole.
We had leftover guacamole, but I knew that I could not exist just on chips and guac and I was really hungry.
I moved onto pasta. I was just going to whip up some pasta and add some butter/olive oil, minced garlic and parmesan.
It would make a quick lunch and didn’t take long to make. Once the pasta was boiled and drained I was headed to the fridge to grab some butter and parmesan and my eyes fell on the guacamole.
In fact, they lingered on the guacamole.
I really wanted the guacamole.
I wondered how it would taste with pasta. I mean, how bad could a Guacamole Avocado Pasta actually turn out? Guess what? I found out! It was delicious, amazing, subtle flavors. Would be great hot or cold. In fact, it was perfect. It totally hit the spot.
Here we are all these years later and we’ve made it a dozen different ways. Essentially ANY guacamole recipe works.
Add diced tomatoes, bacon, even ham, pork, chicken or other meats work well. Guacamole Avocado Pasta is just an easy, delicious meal!
More great dinner ideas
- Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi
- Thai Corn Chowder
- Guacamole Avocado Pasta
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Honey Glaze
Recipe for Guacamole Avocado Pasta
Guacamole Avocado Pasta
Guacamole Avocado Pasta
- 4 medium avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion we use red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8-16 oz. of cooked pasta
- 6 strips of cooked bacon
- Go ahead and boil your noodles while you’re mixing your guac.
- You might also want to either microwave or oven bake your bacon to get that ready too.
- In a large bowl, mash up your avocado. You can use more than just 4, we usually do but we’re feeding more.
- Add the salt, minced garlic, minced onion, jalapeno and cilantro and mix well.
- Add the lime juice and blend well.
- Drain your pasta and put in a large serving bowl. Add the guacamole and toss into the pasta.
- Crumble the bacon and gently toss into pasta. Serve!