Having five teenagers means we are always running in different directions. Each one has their own set of activities they participate in and schedules they keep. This keeps me constantly busy, from taxi driver to maid, I’m always on the go and I never know when I’m going to have time to stop. It also includes the need for quick and easy meals.
The one thing I consistently work really hard to ensure, is that dinner is on the table every night and that we eat together and not on the go. This means planning ahead and taking short cuts when I can.
This is where Kraft Recipe Makers comes in. They make quick family meals a breeze by including a recipe and cooking sauces so all I have to do is typically add veggies and the meat.
We buy them a lot and I always pick up 4 or 5 of them so that I have them on hand whenever I need to throw dinner together in a hurry. I love these because they make me feel good about our meals, they taste fantastic and they didn’t take a million years to prepare on a night I’m on the go.
We received some Venison from friends of ours and I couldn’t wait to do something with it. I had several boxes of Kraft Recipe Makers in my pantry, and I quickly decided I thought the Kraft Recipe Makers Chicken Bruschetta Pasta would be perfect with it. The flavors went really well together and so we set off to make it.
It was the perfect idea, we had a meeting we had to get to, and I needed to get something delicious and easy on the table. And so we began the process of a quick and easy, flavorful meal.
I made up some Venison Meatballs and began to brown them in a skillet on the stove. About halfway through cooking, I added the Basil Garlic Simmer Sauce. I let them simmer in that about 30 minutes (or until I was ready to serve everything). They were SO good! And would have been fantastic by themselves. But when added to the whole meal? AMAZING!
Here’s how you can make your own Venison Bruschetta Pasta.
- 1 Box of Kraft Recipe Makers - Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
- 1½ lbs. ground venison
- ⅓ c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ⅓ c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 16oz. Cooked Pasta, drained
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Add 1 (one) pound of the Venison to the bowl and use your dough hook attachment or knead it with your hands.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place gently into a large skillet on the stove.
- Start browning the venison meatballs. When done, set aside.
- Boil your pasta, drain.
- Brown the remaining half pound of venison in a skillet. When brown, drain and add the Creamy Bruschetta Finishing Sauce.
- To serve, Divide pasta on plates. Top with the Creamy Bruschetta Venision Sauce and then top with meatballs.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
We also tried out the delicious Asian Fish Taco’s as well… they were AMAZING and have been made twice since!
Have you tried Kraft Recipe Makers yet? What is your favorite kind? What tricks do you take to save time on busy nights?