This Honeysuckle Simple Syrup is the perfect flavor addition in cocktails, tea, coffee – really any beverage and lends itself nicely in many recipes as well.
After making a batch of Honeysuckle Infusion Water, I had a whole slew of recipes I really wanted to make. And that’s what I’ve been busy doing whenever I find some free time (haha).
I may or may not have gotten a bit carried away in my obsession with this little tiny fragrant flower.
So far I have made: (I will link to these recipes when I add them to the site over the course of the next couple of weeks)
- Honeysuckle Infusion Water
- Honeysuckle Simple Syrup for Beverages
- Honeysuckle Pancake/Ice Cream Syrup
- Honeysuckle Jelly
- Honeysuckle Iced Tea
- Honeysuckle Ice Cream (in the freezer freezing right now)
Then take it a step beyond that, and I’ve made:
- Honeysuckle Infused Juice with Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
- Honeysuckle Infused Creamer for my coffee.
- Honeysuckle Berry Vodka Spritzer
- Old Fashioned Hot Milk Cake with Raspberries and Whipped Cream (instead of the honey, I used Honeysuckle!)
And I have plans to keep going (I made a lot!)
How to Make Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
You will need this Honeysuckle Infusion Water Recipe to make this Simple Syrup Recipe.
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Honeysuckle Infusion Water
- 1 cup of sugar
Heat the Honeysuckle Infusion water and sugar on the stove until all sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Pour into jar or container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks to add to a myriad of recipes!