This Honeysuckle Simple Syrup is the perfect flavor addition in cocktails, tea, coffee – really any beverage and lends itself nicely in many recipes as well.
Who doesn’t remember a childhood filled with little honeysuckle blossoms.
Licking the light sweet nectar from the base of the honeysuckle stem is a vivid childhood memory.
In This Post: Everything You’ll Need For Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
Table of Contents Coming Soon
Ingredients For This Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
Let’s get your ingredient list started, here’s what you’ll need.
Two simple ingredients that will be a great jumping off point to add to many many more recipes.
Please Note: You can make the simple syrup with the honeysuckle blossoms, but making the Honeysuckle Infusion Water first, is key to the strength of the syrup and anything you add it to.
It’s up to you if you choose to do it this way, just know that no matter what you do, it won’t be as strong as making the Honeysuckle Infusion Water first.
How to Make Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
Here’s how it all comes together!
- Heat the Honeysuckle Infusion water and the granulated sugar on the stove until all of the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into jar or container and store in the refrigerator for up to four months to add to a myriad of recipes!
Other Uses For Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
Once you whip up the Honeysuckle Syrup, you can actually use it in place of honey in many recipes.
Try this Honey Cake with the simple syrup!
Try this cocktail with the simple syrup! (replace the rhubarb simple syrup)
You will love using this recipe in dozens of recipes from drinks, to appetizers to desserts!
It goes great for so many things and helps preserve the sweet taste of a childhood summer!
Honeysuckle Recipes To Try
I may or may not have gotten a bit carried away in my obsession with this little tiny fragrant flower.
So far I have made: (I will link to these recipes when I add them to the site over the course of the next couple of weeks)
- Honeysuckle Infusion Water
- Honeysuckle Simple Syrup for Beverages
- Honeysuckle Pancake/Ice Cream Syrup
- Honeysuckle Jelly
- Honeysuckle Iced Tea
- Honeysuckle Ice Cream (in the freezer freezing right now)
Then take it a step beyond that, and I’ve made:
- Honeysuckle Infused Juice with Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
- Honeysuckle Infused Creamer for my coffee.
- Honeysuckle Berry Vodka Spritzer
- Old Fashioned Hot Milk Cake with Raspberries and Whipped Cream (instead of the honey, I used Honeysuckle!)
And I have plans to keep going (I made a lot!)