Welcome to Wednesday’s Edition of #WeekdaySupper!
What’s #WeekdaySupper? It’s a great way to find quick and easy weeknight meals to create for your family. We all know that weeknights are usually quite hectic and so we’re looking for good options to feed our kids. Something quick, healthy and delicious. If you follow the #weekdaysupper hashtag on twitter, what you’re treated to, is 5 new fresh recipes each weekday that fit that description perfectly. Always something new Monday through Friday.
Guacamole Avocado Pasta
The story behind this pasta is simple but was definitely an accident. Years ago, I was on a deadline for a writing assignment and had only a few hours left but had written straight through breakfast, a snack and I was freakin’ hungry. I desperately needed to run to the store, but really had no time. The night before we had done a Mexican Fiesta with tacos, nachos and of course, guacamole. We had leftover guacamole, but I knew that I could not exist just on chips and guac and I was really hungry.
I moved onto pasta. I was just going to whip up some pasta and add some butter/olive oil, minced garlic and parmesan. It would make a quick lunch and didn’t take long to make. Once the pasta was boiled and drained I was headed to the fridge to grab some butter and parmesan and my eyes fell on the guacamole. In fact, they lingered on the guacamole. I really wanted the guacamole. I wondered how it would taste with pasta. Guess what? I found out! It was delicious. In fact, it was perfect. Totally hit the spot.
Here we are all these years later and we’ve made it a dozen different ways. Essentially ANY guacamole recipe works.
Add diced tomatoes, bacon, even ham, pork, chicken or other meats work well. It’s just an easy, delicious meal!
- 4 medium avocados
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup minced onion (we use red onion)
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8-16 oz. of cooked pasta
- 6 strips of cooked bacon
- Go ahead and boil your noodles while you’re mixing your guac.
- You might also want to either microwave or oven bake your bacon to get that ready too.
- In a large bowl, mash up your avocado. You can use more than just 4, we usually do but we’re feeding more.
- Add the salt, minced garlic, minced onion, jalapeno and cilantro and mix well.
- Add the lime juice and blend well.
- Drain your pasta and put in a large serving bowl. Add the guacamole and toss into the pasta.
- Crumble the bacon and gently toss into pasta. Serve!
Be sure and check out the other #WeekdaySupper recipes this week. List below.
- 09/09/13 – Monday – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle – Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi
- 09/10/13 – Tuesday – Healthy. Delicious. – Thai Corn Chowder
- 09/11/13 – Wednesday – Daily Dish Recipes – Guacamole Avocado Pasta
- 09/12/13 – Thursday – Foxes Love Lemons – Squash & Ricotta Gemelli Saute
- 09/13/13 – Friday – Mama’s Blissful Bites – Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Honey Glaze