I’ve been wanting to make shrimp tacos for my family, for quite awhile. I love them, but I wasn’t sure how my kids would feel about them. I only have two that love shrimp, and one that sort of likes shrimp, so I figured it was a hit or miss. Awhile back I was at a dinner party where we were served these delicious shrimp tacos and while I asked for the recipe, I forgot to get it before I left. So I went on a hunt trying to find them. I knew they had some kind of ranch jalapeno sauce on them and I was able to find this awesome recipe. It tasted pretty much the same as what I remember, maybe better.
After one bite, it was a hit for two of the kids – they loved them. It took the third one a little longer to decide whether she liked them, but she did have seconds on a flour tortilla so I’m thinking she just doesn’t like the corn tortillas. So all in all, in my world – that’s a total win for shrimp tacos!
Easy Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Ranch Sauce
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- Chopped garlic
- cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Diced Avocado
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Combine the shrimp, olive oil, lime juice, garlic and chili/cayenne in a bowl. Allow it to sit and marinate for about 30 minutes. I let my shrimp marinate for about 4 hours covered in the refrigerator - it was pretty flavorful!
- Cook your shrimp however you wish - grill, saute, etc.
- In your food processor, add the jalapeno, the ranch dressing and the sour cream. Blend it all together until completely smooth.
- In small bowls, offer shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, the jalapeno ranch sauce, diced avocado and shredded lettuce to go with them.
- Warm the tortillas and allow everyone to assemble their own with whatever additions they want.