Quick & Easy, this Basil Tomato Butter Chicken is the perfect idea for any meal or event. A flavor explosion in your mouth.
Do you see that vibrant color?
That is what makes Basil Tomato Butter Chicken one of our favorite go to meals in the summertime.
Well, not just the color, though it’s gorgeous, but it’s all that wonderful tomato, garlic, basil flavor that just screams summer.
The butter gives it a rich flavor melding well with the garlic and tomato.
Make this up for a quick family dinner that is ready in about 30 minutes and is so simple, even a kid can do it. While we prefer the stovetop method, it could totally be prepared in a crockpot and left to simmer all day.
This is often our meal of choice for a picnic.
Basil Tomato Butter Chicken is amazing cold, it doesn’t have to be served hot.
It goes great on a sandwich or shredded in tacos or on flat bread.
It’s pretty versatile and is probably the thing we make it for most.
I love this chicken to serve to guests.
The bright, vibrant color, the tangy tomato and basil taste. It’s a huge hit and looks gorgeous.
So the other day when we were getting ready to prepare this dish, my daughter and I headed over to Walmart.
Browsing the aisles we came across Hunt’s Tomato Sauce.
Hunt’s Tomato Sauce totally makes this recipe, and Hunt’s uses a unique flashsteam peeling method which makes them better!
Once we had what we came for, we were ready to head home and get to work.
The result was beautiful chicken. Can chicken be beautiful?
I think it can with all that gorgeous color and of course we couldn’t resist topping it with both green and purple basil.
Basil Tomato Butter Chicken Recipe
Basil Tomato Butter Chicken
- 1 8 ounce can of Hunt’s tomato sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil minced + more for garnish
- 8 ounces 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 Boneless Skinless, Chicken Breasts
- In a large skillet on the stove, over low heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the Hunt’s tomato sauce and the basil. Heat to boiling. Stir to combine everything as much as possible.
- Rinse chicken and then pat dry with towel. Add the chicken breasts to the pan with the sauce and allow to simmer over medium-low heat for about 25 minutes, flipping once.
- Serve over pasta or rice.