It’s time once again for the Secret Recipe Club reveal, and as always, it was loads of fun. I love browsing blogs to find great recipes, and it’s especially fun when you already know the blog in question and you already know they make fun, delicious food.
This month I was assigned The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch. She has so many delicious items to choose from, on our list of to-try’s we have: Buffalo Style Stuffed Eggs, Blueberry Crumb Cake, Rich Mocha Cake and Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Creamy Gorgonzola Cheese. Seriously, just check out her whole Recipe Index because it’s amazing!
We finally settled on Chunky Monkey Pancakes because who doesn’t love bananas and chocolate? Stir them into some fluffy pancakes, and you’ve got perfection. We enjoyed them for a ‘breakfast for dinner’ with turkey sausage, bacon and eggs. Delish (and very very filling!)
We only made one tiny adaption, we added 1/4 cup of sweetened coconut to the batter, because well, that just sounded good to us and it was! Totally optional, because they are awesome with OR without the coconut. I mean again, they have bananas and chocolate. YUM!
Chunky Monkey Pancakes #secretrecipeclub
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 large banana, chopped
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Stir together the first 5 dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour the egg/milk mixture into well, immediately pour in melted butter. Whisk until blended. Fold in banana, chocolate chips and coconut (if desired).
- Cook on your griddle coated with baking spray until tops of pancakes start to bubble. (about 1 minute)
- Flip and cook another 30-40 seconds or until pancakes are cooked through.
- Top with banana slices, a few mini chocolate chips and maple syrup.