Welcome to the first day of July! And welcome to another fantastic #SundaySupper.
One bite of these gooey S’mores Pastries and you will immediately be transformed to childhood campfires. I love the flaky crust and the gooey, melty chocolate. If some marshmallow escapes during baking, you even wind up with a little golden color. We eat these a lot in the summer when it’s too hot to go outside and enjoy a real campfire, we can have a campfire treat right in the air conditioned comfort of our home.
Of course you don’t really have to make these only when it’s too hot outside, you can enjoy them anytime – and yes, we’ve even been known to make them for breakfast a time or two.
We chose these for #SundaySupper this week because the theme was Fourth of July Fun, and first of all, what’s more fun than s’mores? And secondly, with fourth of July right around the corner, we have been making all kinds of fun treats to celebrate. We had a blast the other night with a BBQ, and made up treats to share of all kinds. These were on the menu, and everyone devoured them. Oh, did I happen to mention they are fairly simple to make?
- 1 box Puff Pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 3/4 c. crushed graham crackers
- Marshmallow Fluff (about 2 Tbs. per pastry)
- small Hershey’s bars (1 per pastry)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll the dough and cut into large squares. I got six from each dough sheet.
- Lay the dough squares out on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Evenly distribute the graham cracker crumbs on half of each square.
- Spoon the marshmallow fluff on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Top with a Hershey bar.
- Pull one side of the dough over and close it by pressing a fork along the edges to seal.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Tender & Sweet Crockpot Brisket Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Patriotic Chicken Kabobs Big Bear’s Wife
- Firecracker Salmon Rolls Comfy Cuisine
- Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals
- Baby Back Ribs with Balsamic Peach BBQ Sauce Damn Delicious
- Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs In The Kitchen With KP
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Juicy Lucy’s with Blueberry Ketchup! by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Perfectly Grilled Chicken and Potatoes Daddy Knows Less
- Texas Smoked Brisket Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw-Indian Soni’s Food for Thought
- Finger Foods for the Fourth Pescetarian Journal
- Grilled Pork Satays with Peanut Sauce Tora’s Real Food
Salads and Sides:
- Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad Supper for a Steal
- Roasted/Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Katherine Martinelli
- Patriotic Ranch Potato Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Salad Are you hungry
- Texas-Creole Crawfish Potato Salad The Weekend gourmet
- Spicy Italian Peppers in Sauce What Smells so Good?
- Sangria Fruit Salad Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Black Olive Cookistry
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Low Fat Pasta Salad Basic and Delicious
- Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables Diabetic Foodie
- Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer Family Foodie
- Red White & Blueberry Ricotta Cupcakes Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Red Velvet Brownies Magnolia Days
- S’mores Pastries Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel-filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream The Messy Baker
- Red/white/blue German Obstkuchen (fruit-topped cake)
- Strawberry and Cream Cake Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Fourth Sticks In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate Berry Tart Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Apple Pie Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades
- Red White and Blue Coconut Rum Cake Family Spice
- Individual Red White and Blue Triffles Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Mini Carrot Cakes Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Plum and Apple Pies Cositas Bonitas
- Red White and Blue Triffle Cravings of a Lunatic
Join us this week! We’ll share these fabulous recipes and want you to share yours with us! The fun starts at 3pm EST and lasts all afternoon. At 5:30 pm EST, we will be available to chat with you. All you have to do is follow the hashtag on twitter or follow along on TweetChat. Our #SundaySupper Pinterest Board will be filled with fabulous family recipes. There is always room Around the Family Table for you.