These were born of boredom, hot summer days and the craving for something chocolate. We love s’mores, so it should stand that we would find a way to enjoy them when it’s too hot outside for a campfire or a firepit. And we did with these delicious Easy S’Mores Cookies. This is super easy, pretty fast and requires no oven, which in the hot summer is perfect.
Easy S’mores Cookies
These patriotic cookies are just tiny squares of chilled s’mores but made with no heat. Can’t beat that in the summer.
- 1/2 pkg. dark chocolate chips
- jar of marshmallow fluff (you won't use the whole thing)
- Graham Cracker Squares
- Melted chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute on 50% power. Stir them. If they still need to be melted, do it at 30 second intervals at 50% power until completely melted.
- Spread a thick layer of marshmallow fluff over the top of a square of graham cracker.
- Dip the marshmallow side into the chocolate chips and turn until the chocolate stops dripping. Place on a piece of parchment paper to dry.
- Sprinkle with nuts, sprinkles or whatever else you can think of.
- Once all graham crackers have been dipped and covered in sprinkles, put in the freezer for an hour to dry the chocolate.
It really is simple as you can see. Which I love because the kids can make this themselves anytime they want, as long as I have the ingredients on hand (which I pretty much do). I made these for a BBQ last weekend and was pleasantly surprised when the platter was finished before anything else. Yes, they are easy but the taste really good. The only thing I did one time was to place the grahams with the marshmallow fluff under the broiler for a few seconds to turn golden (more like the real thing). It’s much messier though and you have to wait for the marshmallow to kind of get hard again before you can dip in the hot chocolate or it just winds up like a huge mess. But hey, campfire s’mores are kinda messy too.