The rush of the holiday’s has hit our household hard and all I seem to want lately is a little downtime. I feel like I’m being pulled in twenty directions and while that’s fine, it also means less time for eating healthy or even for simply me time or date nights. These Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce are Doug and I’s latest favorite date night meal. They are the perfect healthy taco’s for a meatless, fall dinner and the wonderful flavors of fall veggies are the star of the meal. We love butternut squash and are always looking for new and innovative ways to include it for dinner. A little olive oil and some fresh herbs, a good saute and voila – the ingredients for an amazing taco. Then you add in the Garlic Sage Cream Sauce and you have taco’s that scream flavor and are nothing short of perfection in a shell.
Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce
Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce #SundaySupper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups of butternut squash, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 3 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
For Garlic Sage Cream Sauce
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Small Flour Tortillas
To Prepare Filling:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the butternut squash pinch of salt. Cook, stirring fairly frequently for about 10 minutes.
- Toss in the minced garlic, cumin, coriander and sage. Add a little more olive oil, if needed.
- Add in the mushrooms and spinach and continue sauteeing for about 5 more minutes.
To Prepare Garlic Sage Cream Sauce:
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add in the sage leaves and mince garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream and chicken broth. Cook for about 2 minutes more. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm over tacos. (also great over beef, pork, fish and pasta!)
Don’t forget to check out the other fantastic recipes in our #SundaySupper Veggies as a Main roundup!
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan by The Crumby Cupcake
- Butternut Squash Kale Lasagna by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Crème Fraîche and Fried Sage Leaves by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Veggie Bake by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Eggplant Rollatini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggplant Rollatini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Flourless Oatmeal Nutella Pumpkin Muffins by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grandma Pizza with Dried Tomatoes by Get the Good Stuff!
- Greek Stuffed Baked Zucchini by The Weekend Gourmet
- Harissa-Roasted Vegetables with Couscous by Caroline’s Cooking
- Moroccan-style Lentil Chickpea Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Mushroom and Goat Cheese Tart by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Polenta with Aged Gouda, Chard & Wild Mushrooms by 30A Eats
- Portobello Stack by The Freshman Cook
- Pumpkin Cake Cheesecake by gotta get baked
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Roasted Potato and Spinach Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Shiitake Mushrooms with a Balsamic Glaze Over Polenta by Fearless Dining
- Stuffed Butternut Squash by Life Tastes Good
- Vegan Sandwich with Fresh Veggies by Healing Tomato
- Vegetable Pizza by Feeding Big and more
- Vegetable Strudel by Palatable Pastime
- Vegetarian Chili by Wholistic Woman
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.