Yes. It’s another recipe with bacon. Bacon is one of my top 10 most favorite foods and if I can throw it into something for some added flavor, I’m definitely doing it.
Who’s with me?
This Bacon Potato Salad recipe is an absolute perfect addition to any BBQ. Don’t you think? When you have a big crowd to feed, potatoes are an inexpensive option for feeding all those hungry mouths. This entire recipe cost under $10 to make since I got everything on sale or had it growing in my garden (red peppers, onions, garlic) and it makes enough to feed 15. You can cut the recipe if you’d like, but I will tell you that the leftovers are the best part. Often I make this salad the say before my event, so it has plenty of time to let the flavors marry together. Ah-May-Zing!
Bacon Potato Salad
This Bacon Potato Salad is absolutely perfect for a Budget Friendly BBQ.
- 5-6 pounds of potatoes
- 1 pound of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup of onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups of light sour cream
- Boil potatoes on stove about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain the water and allow to cool until you can handle them. Cut all the potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, bacon, red pepper, celery stalks and onion.
- In another smaller bowl, mix together the mayo and the sour cream until blended. Add the salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Pour into the large bowl and toss the potatoes very gently until coated in the sour cream sauce.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love bacon. In almost everything. This bacon potato salad is full of color, flavor and is perfect for any BBQ. Plus it’s pretty budget friendly for a HUGE batch!
Do you have a favorite side dish you like to serve at BBQ’s? Tell me about it in the comments or leave a link to your recipe.