This incredibly creamy, full of flavor creamy potato salad with bacon is perfect for a Budget Friendly BBQ! It is the perfect solution when you are looking to feed a large group, want a truly tasty dish and want to save a little money along the way.
What We Think You’ll Love About This Recipe
- Well, first off, it has bacon. Lots of bacon. And it’s SO good.
- It’s creamy and extremely flavorful.
- It’s a very easy recipe, and can be made up fairly quickly and can also be made ahead of time.
- Ingredients are relatively inexpensive, which makes it a fantastic budget friendly recipe for parties, big gatherings or any event with a large crowd.
This Bacon Potato Salad is perfect for a Budget Friendly BBQ. Don’t you think?
When you have a big crowd to feed, potatoes are an inexpensive option for feeding all those hungry mouths.
This entire recipe cost under $10 to make since I basically got everything on sale or had it growing in my garden (red peppers, onions, garlic) and it makes enough to feed 15 people.
You can cut the recipe if you’d like, but I will tell you that the leftovers are the best part.
Often I make this salad the day before my event, so it has plenty of time to let the flavors marry together. Ah-May-Zing!
Just be sure you keep it covered in the refrigerator to ensure it stays fresh.
I love bacon. In almost everything. This bacon potato salad is full of color, flavor and is perfect for any BBQ.
Since it is pretty budget friendly it’s the perfect potato salad recipe for a HUGE batch! It also doubles VERY easily, but be aware it’s probably going to feed about 30 people.
Not bad for a potluck, but might be too much for a backyard BBQ or picnic. No matter what you’ll love it though.
Do you have a favorite side dish you like to serve at BBQ’s? Tell me about it in the comments or leave a link to your recipe.
What goes with Bacon Potato Salad for a Budget Friendly BBQ?
- Grilled Corn with Garlic Herb Butter
- Easy Summer Berry Salad Recipe
- Herb Grilled Shrimp with Grilled Sweet Peppers
Bacon Potato Salad
- 5-6 pounds of potatoes
- 1 pounds of cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 large red pepper chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups light sour cream
- Boil potatoes on stove about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain the water and allow to cool until you can handle them. Cut all the potatoes into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, bacon, red pepper, celery stalks and onion.
- In another smaller bowl, mix together the mayo and the sour cream until blended. Add the salt, pepper and minced garlic.
- Pour into the large bowl and toss the potatoes very gently until coated in the sour cream sauce.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!