It’s time once again for the Group A reveal of the Secret Recipe Club. This month I made an absolutely fabulous Asparagus Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes from the blog Cupcake Muffin written by Sara. She has a huge recipe index on her page that has so many wonderful recipes, it was really hard to choose just one. Some of the other awesome recipes we considered were: Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce and Amazing Potato Gratin, Hazelnut Crunch Coffee Cake, Roasted Asparagus-Orange Salad with Ginger-Citrus Vinaigrette and Killer Scalloped Sweet and White Potatoes in Smoky Hot Sauce.
We settled on this recipe unanimously which hardly ever happens with five teenagers with various tastes. Even my husband was on board. We served it as a side dish with some delicious seasoned pork steaks and it made for a wonderful, flavorful meal.
We love this Asparagus Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes!
Sara this was fabulous, thank you so much for a recipe I am sure we will be making again and again.
- ¾ pound trimmed asparagus
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 1 cup of pesto sauce (I didn't make it, I used what I had on hand which was Classico - Basil Pesto)
- 1 pound Ronzoni Smart Taste - Penne Rigate
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (calorie count does not include the cheese)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking pan, spread out the asparagus and grape tomatoes.
- Drizzle everything with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with some sea salt
- Boil a large pot of salted water.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Mix together pasta and pesto sauce. Stir in the asparagus. Then gently toss in the tomatoes.
- If you think you need to add the water to make a thinner pesto sauce, add a little at a time until it's the right consistency. We didn't do this part.
- Serve sprinkled with ground black pepper and grated Parmesan if desired.