This Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken is seriously a favorite at our house. I think it’s the vibrant color that my kids love, though the buttery, garlic tomato flavor is amazing as well, so you know… could be either.
What mom loves about it:
- It makes a quick & easy weeknight dinner and we all could use more of those. You can have a complete meal on the table in less than an hour with very little work.
- While it’s great right on the stove, it could also totally be prepared in the crockpot and slow cooked all day.
- It can be served with anything you’d like – whole wheat pasta, brown rice (our favorite), quinoa, etc.
- It’s so gooooood and even the picky eaters like it!
I love checking out #weekdaysupper for great recipe ideas when I am feeling stuck. Have you checked it out? Every day of the week, Monday through Friday, a new recipe is presented by a member for a quick, #weekdaysupper. We know you’re busy, because we’re busy too and we want to help. For a few other quick #weekdaysuppers I’ve done, you can see my brand new Weeknight Meals category.
Let’s get on with the deliciousness:
Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken #weekdaysupper
- 1 cup of tomato sauce homemade or store bought
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 8 ounces 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 Boneless Skinless, Chicken Breasts
- basil oregano or cilantro
- pasta rice or quinoa
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In a saucepan on the stove, over low heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, then remove from heat.Stir to combine everything as much as possible.
Rinse chicken and then pat dry with towel. Place chicken in a square glass baking dish. Cover with the sauce and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
While chicken is cooking, cook rice, pasta or quinoa and maybe grill up some veggies for a side dish.
When chicken is done serve chicken and sauce over pasta, rice or quinoa.
We topped ours with capers and some fresh purple basil and cilantro from our garden.
Be sure and scroll down to see the other recipes posted this week for #weekdaysupper!
Monday – Smoky Shrimp Quesadillas from Pescetarian Journal
Tuesday – Cabbage and Noodles from Blueberries and Blessings
Wednesday – Baked Feta with Olive Oil and Herbs from Shockingly Delicious
Thursday – Thai Prawn and Noodle Soup from Happy Baking Days
Friday – Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken from (ME!) Daily Dish Recipes
Also, don’t forget to check out #weekdaysupper on twitter everyday for a new recipe. We’ve got a lot of new things rolling out in the next few weeks, and I am excited to share them with you.
It’s only a month away! We can’t wait for this event. Hope to see you there!
Check it out here: