Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Soft, moist, fluffy bites of Pumpkin Pie!
Every once in awhile you get a craving for something.
A craving you can’t quench until you eat whatever it is that is sending those cravings through the roof. Please tell me I’m not alone. Please tell me you crave things so strongly you can’t stop thinking about it until you’ve satisfied that craving.
For me it is the pumpkin donuts I wanted to make for breakfast Thanksgiving morning. I make them all the time, but I wanted to make that morning special for my family. I mentioned them briefly in yesterday’s post when I told you about what I found at the grocery store. Which was an oddity and really has nothing to do with these amazing spiced donuts.
Back to the donuts. A single donut is quite a delectable treat. Of course that’s if you can eat just one. I can’t.
A beautiful donut that has delicious written all over it. I cannot even begin to tell you how good these are… soft, moist, rings of pumpkin pie deliciousness. And I crave them, seriously, I crave them. Non-stop.
You can call them pumpkin donuts, but truthfully we call them pumpkin pie donuts or pumpkin spice donuts, because they taste almost like a pumpkin pie with plenty of pumpkin spice for good measure. They are just that good.
Pumpkin Spice Donuts – So soft and fluffy!
Look at that!
You can see how moist they are. And so .. full of flavor and spice. You need to make these. As soon as possible. Trust me.
Oh, and did I happen to mention they are baked and not fried which makes them even better. No? Well, they are baked, not fried. This is good. This is very good.
- 1 15oz (1¾ cup) can of pumpkin
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1¾ cups + 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix whisk together the canned pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and granulated sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the spices, the salt, the baking powder and the flour.
- Mix together the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, mixing well. (I use my stand mixer).
- Using a mini ice cream scoop (my favorite method) or a spoon, fill each donut well with about a quarter cup of batter or so. You want them about ¾ full.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the donut comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Remove the donuts and place on a cooling rack to continue cooling.
- While still warm, dip them into a pumpkin pie sugar mixture. Use 1 cup of sugar and 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice (I use homemade, using the measurements in the recipe above for cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice.)
- Put everything into a plastic ziplock bag and shake the donuts individually until coated.
- If the sugar/spice mixture doesn’t stick well, dip the donut in melted butter first.
More Glorious pictures of these yummy donuts:
Pumpkin Donuts – Cooling just enough to take a bite!
Pumpkin Donuts – Who wants a bite?
You know you want a pumpkin donut!
Have you tried pumpkin donuts? What is your favorite kind of donut?