These Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits are SO good, perfect for breakfast OR dessert! Also patriotic which makes them a fun summer treat!
Is it just me or does it feel like summer is flying by? Or better yet… the year. How are we halfway through the year at this point? At any rate, it’s true and it’s happening. And in less than 2 days we will be celebrating the 4th of July. This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are bringing you a whole collection of Red, White & Blue goodness to help you celebrate!
I chose this recipe because it IS Red, White & Blue. But it’s also our favorite treat to enjoy on a hot summer day – whether for breakfast or simply as an end of the day dessert.
On Sunday night I usually whip up a batch of Chia Pudding because honestly it’s better the longer you let it do it’s thing. It also lasts about 5-6 days in the fridge so if you make it up ahead of time, you are pretty much set for the week.
And you can use it to make all kinds of delicious things like smoothie bowls, and cute little Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits. Because… why not?
I also make the fruit sauces up ahead of time. They are pretty simple to be honest – and they also last for about a week in the fridge. I use the fruit sauces for pancakes, waffles, muffins, smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal and more. Oh, and of course these delicious Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits!
If you stick around after the recipe, you’ll find a whole wonderful collection of Patriotic Red, White and Blue recipes that are sure to be perfect for your patriotic plans!
Ready to make up some Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits?
Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits
- 2 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups milk any kind - even coconut or almond
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or if you would prefer - another flavor
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch a few drops of blue food coloring if desired
- Greek Yogurt see directions for amount, Plain or Vanilla
Prepare Chia Pudding and Fruit Sauces in advance.
Prepare the Chia Pudding
- The day before you want to make the parfaits, prepare the Chia Pudding.
- In a jar with a lid, combine the chia seeds, milk, syrup and extract.
- Screw the lid on tight and shake. Shake some more. Baby, you're just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, you shake it off, you shake it off. Er... Shake it up. I know - bad.
- Once you've shook it well, place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours though I strongly recommend overnight.
Prepare the Fruit Sauces
- In a small saucepan, heat the cherries over medium heat. Cover the pan. Cook until they start to become juicy. Usually about 10-15 minutes does the trick.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the sugar and then pour the mixture into the cherries. Stir well. Put on low heat, bring to a simmer, and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool and refrigerate for up to a week.
- In a small saucepan, heat the blueberries over medium heat. Cover the pan. Cook until they start to become juicy. Usually about 10-15 minutes does the trick.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the sugar and then pour the mixture into the blueberries. Stir well. Put on low heat, bring to a simmer, and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add a couple of drops of blue food coloring (only if desired) let cool and refrigerate for up to a week.
To Prepare the Pudding Parfaits
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of Greek yogurt and stir in 2-3 tablespoons of cherry fruit sauce.
- In another small bowl, combine 1 cup of Greek yogurt and stir in 2-3 tablespoons of blueberry fruit sauce.
- In a serving dish, spoon a couple of tablespoons of the blueberry yogurt mixture into the bottom. (I usually do about 1/4 cup).
- Top with another couple of tablespoons of Chia Pudding.
- Top with another 1/4 cup or so of cherry yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with a cherry and blueberry and serve.
Red, White, and Blue Sunday Supper Recipes
Patriotic Picnic Picks
- American Flag Layered Dip by Soulfully Made
- Baked Blueberry Pancake with Cherry Syrup by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Watermelon Salad by The Crumby Cupcake
- Boozy Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Parfait with Summer Fruit by Confessions of an Over-worked Mom
- Patriotic Slaw by Our Good Life
- Red White and Blueberry Dinner Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Red, White and Blue Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Tomato, Cucumber and Bleu Cheese Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- American Flag Fruit Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Strawberry Swirl Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Key Lime Cream Puffs by Gourmet Everyday
- Patriotic Low Carb Vanilla Mousse in the Instant Pot by My Life Cookbook
- Red White & Blue Bundt Cake by Restless Chipotle
- Red White and Blue Banana Ice Cream by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Red, White & Blue No Bake Cheesecake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Red, White and Blue Broken Glass Jell-o by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Rollitos de Vino Blanco by What Smells So Good?
- Rose Petal Jam Filled Blueberry Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Star Spangled Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Panna Cotta by Tara’s Multicultural Table