Summer is in full swing, and I cannot believe we are approaching the end of July. What? Before we know it, it’s going to be Back to School time and life will get crazy again. What’s more fun over the summer than a good summer vacation. It often doesn’t matter where you go at all, just as long as you spend time as a family. We have one more big trip scheduled before the end of summer.
When we travel, we like staying at hotels and extended stay places that have kitchens, because we save money on eating out. I love being able to cook in my room and not have to spend a fortune on a restaurant for all of us.
In the hot summer months, even when I am at home, I hate heating my kitchen up. We already battle the heat, so why make it worse? Anything that can be made quickly and in a single skillet makes me smile. This One Skillet Steak Fajita dish is SUPER easy and can be made all in one skillet on a stove or even over a campfire. This makes it the perfect meal for your travels in a hotel room with a kitchen, camping or even just at home to keep the house from heating up.
One Skillet Steak Fajitas #weekdaysupper
Delicious steak and crisp vegetables cooked in one skillet to make a wonderful One Skillet Steak Fajitas dish for an easy weeknight summer meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. of skirt steak or flank steak, sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- shredded cheese
- flour tortillas
- sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- Season the steak with the fajita seasoning.
- In a large skillet on the stove, heat the olive oil and toss in the steak and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Toss in all the vegetables and reduce heat to medium.
- Sprinkle some more fajita seasoning if desired. Cook everything an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with flour tortillas, shredded cheese and sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
Here is this week’s line up of great summer vacation recipes!
Monday – Gluten-Free Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta by Meal Diva
Tuesday – Mexican Street Corn Tart by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Wednesday – One Skillet Steak Fajitas by Daily Dish Recipes
Thursday – “Nacho” Regular Hot Dog by Our Good Life
Friday – One Pot Burrito Bowls by Recipes Food and Cooking