There aren’t a ton of food items that start with I, just sayin’. We first settled on Ice Cream. Then I decided I wanted to use the two ice cream recipes for different posts in May and June (for Summer) and then we made the decision that we could do Icing – but I already have done so many different cupcakes lately that I was stuck.
And then it hit me, Italian. I love Italian. My family loves Italian. I make a mean Italian Beef Risotto, which until about a year ago or so, I had no idea was even a Risotto because I just used the wrong rice (I do this a lot actually, discover that I’m making something with a real name plus an ingredient, or minus an ingredient – haha). I switched to Risotto rice and guess what? A delicious Italian Beef Risotto! Yum!
- 2 1/2 cups Arborio Rice (or any other Risotto rice)
- 1 1/2lbs. beef (we used stew meat)
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. minced basil
- 1 Tbs. minced marjoram
- 1 Tbs. minced oregano
- 1 Tbs minced rosemary
- 1 Tbs. minced thyme
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 6 c. beef broth
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
Season your meat, cut it up and then brown slowly over medium heat.
Put the pieces of beef in a pot with the olive oil, the garlic and all of the Italian herbs.
Add beef broth. Cover and simmer for about an hour. Stir OFTEN!
In a skillet, melt the butter and add the chopped onion. When it turns to a golden color, add it to the beef and add the wine.
Once the wine appears to have evaporated stir in the rice, and add the broth. When the rice reaches the al dente stage remove it from the stove and sprinkle pepper over the top.
You can also sprinkle parmesan cheese in too, but its not necessary. It's delicious either way!
Previous A-Z Entries:
- A -¬†Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- B -¬†Bacon Popcorn
- C -¬†Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- D -¬†Basil Dip
- E -¬†Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- F -¬†Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- G -¬†Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich
- H -¬†Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- I -¬†Italian Beef Risotto
- J -¬†Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- K -¬†Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- L -¬†Creamy Pesto¬†Linguine¬†with Shrimp
- M -¬†Nutella Breakfast Muffins