Ready for some Gluten Free Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes?
Did you know Luna Bars are NOW Gluten Free?
Oh I love the chance to be creative with a familiar favorite! We love LUNA Bars and they go everywhere with us. PLUS, now they are all GLUTEN FREE! (just look for the pink circle on the packaging)! This Peppermint Chocolate Cupcake was inspired by the newest Gluten Free flavor, Chocolate Cupcake!
LUNA bars are part of my on-the-go snack routine. I ALWAYS have some in my purse and in my car for the occasions where I get shaky and need a pick me up. They are the perfect, positive snack choice. If I grab one in the morning, they keep me going strong all day long and my food choices seem to come much healthier. Of course, as healthy as I can be, sometimes I have to cave and a cupcake is my choice of dessert. But still for snacks, I turn to LUNA bars. It’s just for dessert I might turn to a Peppermint Chocolate Cupcake. Just saying.
You can find the rest of the delicious LUNA bar flavors HERE – but be sure to come back here and let me know which one is your favorite in the comments below! One lucky reader will be randomly chosen to win a sample box of FREE LUNA bars to try for yourself! The best part of LUNA bars are the fact that they are made with 70% organic ingredients, they have a low glycemic index, NO artificial flavors or synthetic preservatives, they are a good source of protein and fiber and they are under 200 calories!
Gluten Free Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix (this is NOT flour!)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- chocolate frosting
- crushed peppermint candies for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix and the cocoa powder.
- In a stand mixer, beat the sugar, softened butter, vegetable oil, vanilla and peppermint together until well blended.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, blending each time.
- Mix in the cocoa/baking mix alternating with some water until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each liner in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with frosting and then sprinkled crushes peppermint candies on top.
Many thanks to LUNA Bar for sponsoring today’s story and creating delicious gluten-free snacks!