I’m quite partial to finger foods, and especially appetizers that can be eaten as meals, and these little Garlic Chicken Puffs are the perfect tasty treat. We’ve made these a few times, but today, in honor of our Oscar’s Party, I made a bit old batch of them. I found the recipe here via pinterest back just before Christmas, and we’ve probably made them for this or that at least 6 times since then. They are also perfect for the kids to take with them to school – they can be eaten hot or cold.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup cooked shredded chicken*
- 2 cans refrigerator crescent rolls
- herbs and spices to taste
- Mix cream cheese, garlic and chicken in a medium sized bowl until well blended. I added some herbs and spices. Go ahead, be a little feisty and use a flavored cream cheese – it adds a certain something to them!
- Unroll the crescent rolls and cut each triangle into 2 triangles ([TidyMom|http://tidymom.net/2009/garlic-chicken-puffs-christmas-party/] note: when you unroll the crescent rolls, 2 triangles are attached making a big square, you can just cut from there following the perforation for one cut and made another cut from the other corners = giving you 4 little triangles)
- Place 1 tsp of chicken mixture on the center of each triangle and fold the corners in over the creamy mixture.
- Place on cookie sheet, lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with no stick spray. Bake at 375 for 10-14 mins.
Now that you’ve checked my delicious recipe out, go check out the other amazing Food Bloggers that have put together a delicious #Oscars Appetizer Menu! It really is Oscar Worthy!
Without further Adieu, Recognizing the Nominee’s for this year’s best #SundaySupper Apps
- Best Cocktail goes to Angie from Big Bears Wife with her Vanilla Whipped Creamsicle Cocktail
- Antipasto in the Leading Role goes to Jen from Juanitas Cocina with her Homemade Ricotta & Antipasto Platter
- Appetizer in Foreign Language goes to Rashmi from Primlani Kitchen for her La Vita e’ Bella Crostini ~ Ricotta Roasted Squash & Sage Crostini Paired with Midnight in Paris Cocktail with Champagne Pomegranate
- Appetizerography goes to Valerie from Val’s Food and OrArt with her Easy puffed Pastry with Brie & Goat Cheese Stuffing and Hugo in the Tropics Harry Navel
- Appetizer in Supporting Role goes to Renee from Magnolia Days with her Baked Goat Cheese in Tomato Sauce
- Directing in the Kitchen goes to Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake with her Gourgeres and Cream Puffs, Parisian Cheese Puffs, Midnight in Paris
- Short Appetizer goes to Launie from Teeny Tiny Kitchen for her Tamari Chex mix with Almonds
- Appetizeress in Leading Role goes to Isabel from Family Foodie for Intensity Academy’s Iron Shrimp