I’m quite partial to finger foods, and especially appetizers that can be eaten as meals, and these little Garlic Chicken Puffs are the perfect tasty treat. We’ve made these a few times, but today, in honor of our Oscar’s Party, I made a bit old batch of them. I found the recipe here via pinterest back just before Christmas, and we’ve probably made them for this or that at least 6 times since then. They are also perfect for the kids to take with them to school – they can be eaten hot or cold.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken*
- 2 cans refrigerator crescent rolls
- herbs and spices to taste
Mix cream cheese, garlic and chicken in a medium sized bowl until well blended. I added some herbs and spices. Go ahead, be a little feisty and use a flavored cream cheese - it adds a certain something to them!
Unroll the crescent rolls and cut each triangle into 2 triangles (TidyMom note: when you unroll the crescent rolls, 2 triangles are attached making a big square, you can just cut from there following the perforation for one cut and made another cut from the other corners = giving you 4 little triangles)
Place 1 tsp of chicken mixture on the center of each triangle and fold the corners in over the creamy mixture.
Place on cookie sheet, lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with no stick spray. Bake at 375 for 10-14 mins.
Now that you’ve checked my delicious recipe out, go check out the other amazing Food Bloggers that have put together a delicious #Oscars Appetizer Menu! It really is Oscar Worthy!
Without further Adieu, Recognizing the Nominee‚Äôs for this year‚Äôs best #SundaySupper Apps
- Best Cocktail goes to ¬†Angie from ¬†Big Bears Wife¬†¬†with her Vanilla Whipped Creamsicle Cocktail
- Antipasto in the Leading Role goes to Jen from¬†Juanitas Cocina¬†¬†with her Homemade Ricotta & Antipasto Platter
- Appetizer in Foreign Language goes to Rashmi from¬†Primlani Kitchen¬†¬†for her La Vita e‚Äô Bella Crostini ~ Ricotta Roasted Squash & Sage Crostini Paired with Midnight in Paris Cocktail with Champagne Pomegranate
- Appetizerography goes to¬†Valerie from Val‚Äôs Food and OrArt¬†with her Easy puffed Pastry with Brie & Goat Cheese Stuffing and Hugo in the Tropics Harry Navel
- Appetizer in Supporting Role goes to Renee from¬†Magnolia Days¬†¬†with her Baked Goat Cheese in Tomato Sauce
- Directing in the Kitchen goes to Liz from¬†That Skinny Chick Can Bake¬†with her Gourgeres and Cream Puffs, Parisian Cheese Puffs, Midnight in Paris
- Short Appetizer goes to Launie from¬†Teeny Tiny Kitchen¬†for her Tamari Chex mix with Almonds
- Appetizeress in Leading Role goes to Isabel from¬†Family Foodie¬†¬†for¬†Intensity Academy‚Äôs¬†Iron Shrimp