My garden is overflowing with Strawberries. That’s why, when I received this month’s Secret Recipe Club blog assignment, I was thrilled to see this Fresas Con Crema Strawberries and Cream recipe. But I’m getting head of myself. (for how to make Fresas Con Crema – click here)
It’s time once again for Secret Recipe Club and that means that today I will reveal what blog I was assigned and what I decided to make.
I was super excited this month to receive La Cocina de Leslie. We’ve known each other for awhile now, from another group we are in together. I already know Leslie has loads of amazing recipes on her blog, and I knew it wouldn’t be hard to find something absolutely fantastic to make.
We decided on her Fresas Con Crema (Strawberries and Cream), because it sounded delicious and was the perfect after dinner snack tonight.
I’m sure you noticed a Strawberry theme. I am not sure what happened in my garden between last year and this year, but the strawberries have taken off and grown a bit out of control. I’m not complaining but I am in a little bit of a panic because I refuse to waste a single one and I really don’t want 80 jars of strawberry jelly. haha
We wound up with two full buckets the first time we went out and picked and since then have wound up with about a pint a day. My freezer is overflowing. LOL
However, that is what made choosing Leslie’s Fresas Con Crema (Strawberries and Cream) such an easy decision!
We loved how simple this recipe is. It’s perfect for a quick dessert which we love because we are always busy and I never remember to make dessert. Five teenagers and a toddler want dessert.
Leslie, we loved having your blog this month. You have so many wonderful recipes that are simple and healthy and fun. Perfect for my picky eaters, and great for me because they are not time consuming. Thank you for such a fantastic recipe this month. I know we will be making this one again and again!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups Mexican crema or creme fraiche
- ⅓ to ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- In your stand mixer beat the cream cheese on medium speed until creamy, for about 1 minute.
- Add the Mexican Crema, ⅓ cup sugar, and ground cinnamon and beat for another minute until well combined for 1 minute.
- Taste to test sweetness, adding more sugar if necessary.
- Gently stir in the strawberry slices.
- Spoon Fresas con Crema into individual bowls. Sprinkle tops with ground cinnamon, if desired
[inlinkz_linkup id=404102 mode=1]