Want your gourmet coffee but don’t want to spend a lot of cash? This Caramel Iced Coffee is just as good if not better & can be made right in your kitchen!
I am a coffee addict, and I’m constantly looking for good coffee drinks I can make at home. Obviously I adore Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts and I treat myself often.
However, with the amount of coffee I drink each day, I’d probably break the bank quickly if I was always drinking out so this Caramel Iced Coffee does the trick! It’s a problem, but it’s a good problem to have, honestly.
And I am not much of a coffee snob either, so making something like this at home, just makes more sense to me.
Today is our Secret Recipe Club reveal and I was thrilled to get Colie’s Kitchen this month. Her recipe index looks like it could be mine. We like many of the same foods and it was difficult choosing!
We finally decided on her awesome iced coffee because it sounded good and I had everything here to make it! Plus as a coffee addict, I’m always looking for new recipes, and well, her’s fit the bill.
It was incredible. Creamy, full of flavor, sweetened to perfection and something I know I will make over and over again. It has been added to my homemade coffee drinks recipe collection and I will be sharing with my friends and family too.
Because everyone wants to save money and if you can get a coffee drink for pennies on the dollar at home, why would you need to go spend $5.00 at the local coffee house. I mean really… let’s just be clear. There is no coffee that is worth $5.00 even when they say it is.
Thank you for all the wonderful choices Nicole! (loving that name!) We loved learning all about you, and ironically my original blog back in 2005 was called… Organized Chaos. haha Great minds do think alike! I love it.
This recipe is easy, peasy and the hardest part is waiting for it to chill. You can speed up the process a little by sticking it in the freezer, however don’t forget about it and let it freeze because honestly that’s not the constancy you’re going for here.
Are you ready to make some Caramel Iced Coffee?
Creamy, smooth and the perfect flavor of coffee with sweetness. And the best part? Customizable and YOU decide how sweet you want it.
Caramel Iced Coffee
Want your gourmet coffee but don't want to spend alot of cash? This Caramel Iced Coffee is creamy, cold and delicious - just as good if not better than your local coffee shop & can be made right in your kitchen!
- 1 1/2 cups strong hot brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce plus a little extra for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar to taste
- coffee ice cubes or regular will work too
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk or half-and-half
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- After the coffee is finished brewing and is hot and fresh, pour 1 1/2 cups into a measuring cup. Stir in the caramel sauce. If you add the caramel sauce straight into the measuring cup, and you are using a 2 cup measuring cup, pour in the Caramel Syrup until it reached 1 3/4 cup with the coffee. Stir well.
- Add your sugar and stir again until all sugar and caramel sauce is dissolved completely.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill until cold.
- When it's time to serve, divide your coffee mixture between two chilled glasses filled with ice (hint: coffee ice cubes are excellent here)
- Add your milk or half-and-half to top the glass.
- If you want the fancy coffee shop look, garnish with whipped cream and ground cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!