Want your gourmet coffee but don’t want to spend a lot of cash? This Caramel Iced Coffee is just as good if not better & can be made right in your kitchen!
I am a coffee addict, and I’m constantly looking for good coffee drinks I can make at home.
Obviously I adore Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts and I treat myself often. I’m trying to get that under control.
However, with the amount of coffee I drink each day, I’d probably break the bank quickly if I was always drinking out so this Caramel Iced Coffee does the trick! And I cannot tell you how GOOD it is!
It’s a problem, but it’s a good problem to have, honestly.
And I am not much of a coffee snob either, so making something like this at home, just makes more sense to me.
I also love that because I can make it whenever I want and not wait for a store to be open, or even leave my house when I don’t want to. That is always a plus!
What does this iced coffee taste like?
It is incredible. Smooth and creamy. Full of flavor, sweetened to perfection, I used very little sugar, but you may prefer more. Depending on how much or how little caramel you use, you can get a rich flavor that with a slight caramel flavor or a fully caramel flavor with a little coffee.
Does making my own iced coffee save money?
That is a BIG resounding yes.
Because everyone wants to save money and if you can get a coffee drink for pennies on the dollar at home, why would you need to go spend $5.00 at the local coffee house. That $5.00 is for ONE coffee. And that’s depending on the size you get. They go up from there.
Though you may spend roughly $10-$20 on all of the ingredients needed to make iced coffee at home, you will be able to make about 30-45 iced coffees or more on one group purchase. That would basically make the homemade iced caramel coffee about .50-$.75 per cup.
I mean really… let’s just be clear. There is no coffee drink that is worth $5.00 even when they say it is.
What you need
You don’t need a lot to make Caramel Iced Coffee, and thankfully after you buy these things, you’ll have them to make LOTS and LOTS!
- Hot Coffee – The stronger is is brewed, the more flavor you will have in this coffee drink. If you want your drink to taste more like the coffee house coffees, use Starbuck’s, Dunkin’, Tim Horton or McDonald’s (or whoever else you love)
- Caramel sauce – You can use almost any caramel sauce. You can use the kind made for coffee drinks, but to be honest we usually just use normal everyday caramel sauce.
- Sugar, to taste
- Coffee ice cubes or regular will work too
- Milk or half-and-half
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish (optional)
Add On Ideas for Iced Coffee
- chocolate syrup or drizzle
- extracts for different flavors
- Torani syrups for different flavors
- Fruit chunks
- chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
- sea salt
- spices like cinnamon, ginger, all spice
Notes for this Caramel Iced Coffee
The coffee needs to be cold when you use it. You can speed up the process a little by sticking it in the freezer, however don’t forget about it and let it freeze because honestly that’s not the constancy you’re going for here.
Coffee iced cubes are 100% better than using regular iced cubes, but to be fair, they are both equally as wonderful.
Other great coffee drink recipes
- Coconut Vanilla Iced Coffee (Dairy Free)
- Gingerbread Salted Caramel Coffee Martini
- Simple Coffee Milkshakes
- Pistachio Mocha Coffee Floats
- Pumpkin Pie Coffee Milkshakes
Recipe for Caramel Iced Coffee
Creamy, smooth and the perfect flavor of coffee with sweetness. Depending on the strength you have a rich, dark coffee drink or a sweet, smooth coffee drink. Either way it’s excellent.
And the best part?
Customizable and YOU decide how sweet you want it.