An incredible Sweet and Sour Chicken and Bell Peppers recipe that is quick and easy, but also SO delicious!
Do you love Bell Peppers as much as I do? They come in so many gorgeous colors and add such a vibrancy and beauty and freshness to recipes.
We’ve already done our first date with a whopping 21 Bell Pepper recipes and I made Garlic and Roasted Bell Pepper Farfalle. You can find the rest of the great recipes linked up there.
We are having so much fun with our #PepperParty and today is the 2nd round of awesome Bell Pepper recipes.
One of the best and coolest things about our #pepperparty was that, not only did you get some amazing Bell Pepper recipes, there were prizes to win too.
For today’s Bell Pepper recipe, I wanted to keep with my quick & easy theme, so I came up with a recipe that can be made with store bought items or made homemade. We do both.
Obviously homemade tastes better, but when you’re looking for a great recipe for a busy weeknight, this Sweet and Sour Chicken and Bell Peppers is the perfect choice!
More Delicious Recipes Using Peppers
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Breakfast Casserole
- Steak Fajitas with Drunken Peppers
- Chile-Red Pepper & Ginger Soy Beef Lettuce Cups
- Cheesy Polenta Stuffed Peppers
- Homemade Sofrito
- Mini Asian Vegetable Pizzas
- Goat Cheese with Bell Pepper Spread
- Garlic and Roasted Bell Peppers Farfalle
Now onto this delicious Sweet & Sour Chicken and Bell Peppers recipe.
Recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken and Bell Peppers
Sweet and Sour Chicken and Bell Peppers
- 1 pounds breaded chicken cut into 1″ strips or pieces
- 2 cups bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 ½ cups sweet and sour sauce we make ours homemade but La Choy or Kikkoman have great sauces
- 2 Cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large casserole dish, stir together the chicken, bell pepper, onion, snap peas and sweet and sour sauce coating completely. Add more if needed.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so to coat chicken and vegetables completely.
- To serve, spoon 1/2 cup of rice on each plate and top with the sweet and sour chicken and vegetables.