If there is one thing I love doing, it’s freezer cooking. The reason is, it’s nice on a busy night to be able to grab something from the freezer and pop it into the oven and have dinner without any work.
I know I am giving you loads of Freezer Cooking or OAMC (Once a Month Cooking) recipes. These meals are terrific served immediately, and still do well frozen and reheated. Hope you are enjoying them. We sure do!
Cheesy Hamburger Casserole
2 pounds hamburger
3 cups shredded, frozen hash browns
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small onion
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (we use a lot more!)
salt and pepper — to taste
Brown hamburger and onion. Drain. Add soup to meat mixture. Place hash browns in 13 x 9″ greased pan.
Sprinkle cheese over potatoes. Top with meat mixture. Bake at 375* for 1 hour.
To FREEZE: Assemble as usual (before baking). Wrap/bag and freeze. To SERVE: Thaw in fridge overnight. Bake as usual, adding 10 min. or so to total baking time. You can also add some water (⅛ cup) to edges before baking, if it looks a little dry.
Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 3 cups shredded frozen hash browns
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper — to taste
- Brown hamburger and onion. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and dijon mustard - mix well. Add to the meat mixture.
- Place hash browns in 13 x 9" greased pan. Sprinkle cheese over potatoes. Top with meat mixture. Bake at 375* for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Assemble as usual (before baking). Wrap/bag and freeze.