An easy cheeseburger casserole recipe. Great for a weeknight dinner. Double or triple and freeze for later this month!
Why We Love This Cheeseburger Casserole
Dive into a world of comfort food bliss with this irresistible cheeseburger casserole! Here’s why you’ll love it:
Classic Flavors, Effortless Enjoyment:
- Cheeseburger in casserole form: Savor the iconic flavors of a juicy cheeseburger transformed into a hearty and satisfying casserole. It’s all the deliciousness you crave, without the hassle of individual burgers.
- Family-friendly favorite: This crowd-pleasing dish is a guaranteed hit with people of all ages. Kids will love the familiar cheeseburger taste, while adults will appreciate the comforting and nostalgic flavors.
- Easy weeknight meal: This casserole comes together quickly and simply, making it a perfect solution for busy weeknights.
A Symphony of Textures and Tastes:
- Gooey cheese and savory beef: The combination of melted cheese and seasoned ground beef creates a flavor and textural explosion in every bite.
- Pasta perfection: Whether you use macaroni, rotini, or another favorite pasta shape, it provides a delightful base for all the delicious cheeseburger ingredients.
- Customizable to your liking: Feel free to add your favorite burger toppings like chopped onions, pickles, or even mustard for a truly personalized flavor experience.
A Budget-Friendly Bonanza:
- Stretches your dollar: Casseroles are a fantastic way to make a single pack of ground beef feed a whole family. It’s a budget-friendly meal option that delivers big on flavor and satisfaction.
- Pantry staples shine: This recipe likely utilizes ingredients you already have on hand, minimizing the need for extra grocery shopping trips.
- One-pan wonder: This casserole simplifies cleanup! Most of the cooking happens in a single pan, minimizing post-dinner dishwashing.
- Leftover magic: This dish reheats beautifully, making it perfect for meal prep or quick lunches throughout the week.
- Perfect for potlucks: Bring this crowd-pleasing casserole to your next potluck or gathering and watch it disappear in no time!
With its ease of preparation, familiar flavors, and endless customization possibilities, this cheeseburger casserole is a recipe you’ll love coming back to again and again. So why wait? Gather your ingredients and prepare to experience comfort food bliss!
If there is one thing I love doing, it’s freezer cooking. The reason is, it’s nice on a busy night to be able to grab something from the freezer and pop it into the oven and have dinner without any work.
I know I am giving you loads of Freezer Cooking or OAMC (Once a Month Cooking) recipes lately. These meals are terrific served immediately, and still do well frozen and reheated. Hope you are enjoying them. We sure do!
Essential Freezer Cooking Tips
Freezer cooking is a lifesaver for busy schedules. By prepping meals in advance and storing them in the freezer, you can enjoy delicious, homemade food without the daily scramble. Here are some key tips to ensure your freezer cooking journey is a success:
Planning is Key:
- Choose freezer-friendly recipes: Not all dishes freeze well. Focus on recipes like soups, stews, casseroles, pasta sauces, chili, and meatloaves.
- Plan your meals: Create a weekly or monthly meal plan to determine which meals you want to freeze. This helps with grocery list creation and avoids freezer overload.
- Cook in bulk: Double or triple recipes while you’re at it! This maximizes your cooking time and provides more meals for the freezer.
Smart Storage Solutions:
- Portion control: Divide cooked meals into individual or family-sized portions for easy grab-and-go convenience.
- Freezer-safe containers: Invest in a variety of airtight, freezer-safe containers like glass jars, plastic containers, or silicone freezer bags.
- Labeling is crucial: Clearly label each container with the name of the dish and the date it was cooked. This helps with organization and ensures you use the oldest items first.
- Planning ahead: For safety and optimal quality, thaw frozen meals in the refrigerator overnight.
- Quick thaw method: If you’re short on time, thaw meals in a leak-proof container under cold running water. Change the water frequently to expedite the process.
- Microwaving (careful!): Some meals can be thawed partially in the microwave on a defrost setting, followed by complete thawing in the refrigerator. Always follow specific instructions for the recipe.
- Oven or stovetop: Most frozen meals can be reheated gently in the oven or on the stovetop, depending on the recipe.
- Microwave (with caution): While convenient, be cautious when reheating in the microwave. Use lower power settings and stir frequently to avoid uneven heating and hot spots.
- Cook from frozen: Certain dishes like soups, stews, and chili can be cooked straight from frozen in a pot on the stovetop or slow cooker.
- Freshness matters: While freezing extends shelf life, it’s not magic. Freeze meals at their peak freshness for optimal quality. Aim to use frozen meals within 3-6 months for best flavor and texture.
- Leftovers are prime candidates: Leftovers from large meals are perfect for freezing and enjoying later. Don’t let perfectly good food go to waste!
Embrace these tips and transform your kitchen into a freezer cooking haven! Enjoy the convenience of delicious, homemade meals without sacrificing precious time in your busy schedule.
Making the Recipe
Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 3 cups hash browns frozen and shredded
- 15 ounce cream of mushroom soup
- 3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 small onion
- 1 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper — to taste
- Brown hamburger and onion. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and dijon mustard – mix well. Add to the meat mixture.
- Place hash browns in 13 x 9" greased pan. Sprinkle cheese over potatoes. Top with meat mixture. Bake at 375* for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Assemble as usual (before baking). Wrap/bag and freeze.