We have been on a popsicle kick all summer, buying new molds, making new flavors, trying different add in’s and the like. It’s hot, at least it is here, and it’s a great way to cool down on a hot summer day. Plus popsicles are just easy to make because there are just so many ways to make them.
I prefer making my own popsicles over buying them because when I do that, there isn’t any added preservatives, flavorings (unless I put them there) or sugar. My kiddo’s don’t need all that junk and they are perfectly happy with blended fruit or juice. Plus they are much cheaper when you make them, opposed to buying a healthier popsicle out of the box. The worst part about them? Waiting for them to freeze so you can enjoy them! haha
Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Popsicles
Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Popsicles are a healthy, great way to beat the heat of summer!
- 1 1/3 cups of Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries chopped (I halved a few just for appearance on the outsides, and added a slice of lemon - all just for looks)
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt and the lemon juice until combined. Stir in the lemon zest and gently fold in the chopped strawberries. I rinsed mine first so I wouldn't get too much pink, but if you don't care, just go for it. I also didn't fold my in, I dropped them into the popsicle molds as I was filling them.
- Divide the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours.
- When you're ready to eat, dip the popsicle molds into hot water to release them from the molds. Enjoy!