Oh this wonderfully, beautiful salad screams Spring and at a time I am desperate for a change in weather.
It was all destined to be the death of me.
I make these salads all the time and the one depicted in the picture is one of my favorite ways to do it. However, when I decided to do it for today’s Spring themed #SundaySupper, I guess I got a little excited to soon.
You see, the very day I signed up, I knew I wanted to make one. I hadn’t had one since summer, and was craving that sweet strawberry flavor.
So I made one. See…
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Except, I forgot a few ingredients. Where’s the avocado, one of the key ingredients? But the Strawberry Vinaigrette turned out amazing so I enjoyed my salad without all the bells and whistles. I knew I just needed to get some avocado and we’d be fine.
Good thing I like the salad so much. It was time to make it again. And this time I had just gotten a large bag of meyer lemons and I though, hmm…. some sliced Meyer Lemon sounds good in that salad. Yes, that is what I will add when I add the avocado.
And I made it again. I love the pretty colors and the way the Meyer Lemon slices look in there. So pretty and the salad tasted amazing.
This was two days after I whipped up the vinaigrette. As you can tell it was thickening a bit being in the fridge. But the salad was so good.
Except, I forgot something. As I was stuffing my face with bite after bite of the delicious flavor combination, I realized I had forgotten something I adore about this salad. I forget the sliced almonds. That crunch I like with each bite.
Guess what that meant? Yep – I had to make it again. This one was 5 days after the original vinaigrette was made. It was NOTICEABLY thicker but oh so very good. In fact, it did see to get a better flavor with age, however the consistency was just really thick. This really didn’t bother me, since when I tossed it all about, the dressing really coated the spinach leaves and it was just a wonderfully, flavorful salad.
So as you can see, it really doesn’t matter what you add to it, because it’s just a great salad to do whatever with. I purposely chose Spring ingredients to fit our #SundaySupper theme, but you could toss in any veggies you wanted and enjoy an equally delicious salad.
- 4 cups of baby spinach or 2 cups baby spinach 2 cups kale
- 2½ cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 Meyer lemon, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- 4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of poppy seeds
- In a blender, blend the strawberries until pureed. Add the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and sugar and blend again.
- Add the olive oil in and blend until the vinaigrette has thickened. Stir in the poppy seeds and you are ready to use it.
- Stores in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Layer the baby spinach on a 2 small plates or 1 large plate.
- Add the strawberries and avocado.
- Divide the Meyer lemons among the two plates (or all on one).
- Add the sliced almonds and drizzle with the wonderfully delicious Strawberry Vinaigrette you just made.
My friends and fellow #SundaySupper team are eager to celebrate Spring as well. Just look at these wonderful dishes they’ve brought you today!
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite Springtime recipes!