Oh this wonderfully, beautiful salad screams Spring and at a time I am desperate for a change in weather.
It was all destined to be the death of me.
I make these salads all the time and the one depicted in the picture is one of my favorite ways to do it. However, when I decided to do it for today’s Spring themed #SundaySupper, I guess I got a little excited to soon.
You see, the very day I signed up, I knew I wanted to make one. I hadn’t had one since summer, and was craving that sweet strawberry flavor.
So I made one. See…
Except, I forgot a few ingredients. Where’s the avocado, one of the key ingredients? But the Strawberry Vinaigrette turned out amazing so I enjoyed my salad without all the bells and whistles. I knew I just needed to get some avocado and we’d be fine.
Good thing I like the salad so much. It was time to make it again. And this time I had just gotten a large bag of meyer lemons and I though, hmm…. some sliced Meyer Lemon sounds good in that salad. Yes, that is what I will add when I add the avocado.
And I made it again. I love the pretty colors and the way the Meyer Lemon slices look in there. So pretty and the salad tasted amazing.
This was two days after I whipped up the vinaigrette. As you can tell it was thickening a bit being in the fridge. But the salad was so good.
Except, I forgot something. As I was stuffing my face with bite after bite of the delicious flavor combination, I realized I had forgotten something I adore about this salad. I forget the sliced almonds. That crunch I like with each bite.
Guess what that meant? Yep – I had to make it again. This one was 5 days after the original vinaigrette was made. It was NOTICEABLY thicker but oh so very good. In fact, it did see to get a better flavor with age, however the consistency was just really thick. This really didn’t bother me, since when I tossed it all about, the dressing really coated the spinach leaves and it was just a wonderfully, flavorful salad.
So as you can see, it really doesn’t matter what you add to it, because it’s just a great salad to do whatever with. I purposely chose Spring ingredients to fit our #SundaySupper theme, but you could toss in any veggies you wanted and enjoy an equally delicious salad.
- 4 cups of baby spinach or 2 cups baby spinach 2 cups kale
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 Meyer lemon, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of poppy seeds
In a blender, blend the strawberries until pureed. Add the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and sugar and blend again.
Add the olive oil in and blend until the vinaigrette has thickened. Stir in the poppy seeds and you are ready to use it.
Stores in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Layer the baby spinach on a 2 small plates or 1 large plate.
Add the strawberries and avocado.
Divide the Meyer lemons among the two plates (or all on one).
Add the sliced almonds and drizzle with the wonderfully delicious Strawberry Vinaigrette you just made.
My friends and fellow #SundaySupper team are eager to celebrate Spring as well. Just look at these wonderful dishes they’ve brought you today!
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto byÂ The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche byÂ Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrickâ€™s Day Brunch byÂ Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta byÂ Country Girl in the Village
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes byÂ The Wimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread byÂ
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette byÂ Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho byÂ The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad byÂ In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad byÂ Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup byÂ Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad byÂ No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad byÂ Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing byÂ The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad byÂ Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus byÂ Soniâ€™s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto byÂ Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta byÂ Juanitaâ€™s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles byÂ What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette byÂ Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrickâ€™s Day byÂ Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls byÂ Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with GruyÃ¨re and Hazelnuts byÂ Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce byÂ Mamaâ€™s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos byÂ Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles byÂ Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette byÂ Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) byÂ Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake byÂ The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce byÂ 30A Eats
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake byÂ Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream byÂ Sueâ€™s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Mint Brownies byÂ Hezzi-Dâ€™s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet byÂ Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls byÂ Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits byÂ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches byÂ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake byÂ The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream byÂ Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers byÂ Cindyâ€™s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies byÂ Momâ€™s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts byÂ Big Bearâ€™s Wife
- Faux Fried Ice Cream byÂ Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad byÂ Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups byÂ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake byÂ The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes byÂ ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. Weâ€™ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where weâ€™ll talk about our favorite Springtime recipes!