Beyond the Holidays: This Traditional Green Bean Casserole isn’t just a Thanksgiving staple! This creamy, comforting side dish is a year-round crowd-pleaser, perfect for any weeknight meal.
Reasons to Love this Easy Traditional Green Bean Casserole:
- Effortless Weeknight Side: Short on prep and cook time, this casserole is perfect for busy weeknights when you need a quick and delicious side dish.
- Classic Comfort Food: Creamy, savory, and topped with crispy fried onions, this casserole delivers a taste of nostalgia and pure comfort food satisfaction.
- Easy Does It: This recipe requires minimal ingredients and uses pantry staples, making it a breeze to throw together.
- Beyond the Holidays: Don’t relegate this casserole to just Thanksgiving! It’s a versatile side dish that complements any roast chicken, pork chops, or even vegetarian main courses.
- Family-Friendly: The creamy sauce, green beans, and crispy topping are a winning combination that appeals to both kids and adults.
- Endless Variations: Get creative! Swap out the fried onions for breadcrumbs, add different cheeses or chopped vegetables for a customized casserole every time.
- Budget-Friendly: Green beans are an affordable vegetable, and the recipe uses common pantry staples, making it an economical side dish.
I know I’m a bit odd, but for some reason I am really not very fond of the recipe for Green Bean Casserole that calls for Soy Sauce. I love soy sauce, so I have no idea why I don’t like that particular recipe, but since I don’t – this is the one I use. I believe it is a recipe originally from French’s.
What do I need for Traditional Green Bean Casserole?
- condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ground black pepper
- cooked cut green beans
- french fried onions
How do you make Traditional Green Bean Casserole?
This is a super simple casserole.
You’re basically just going to combine all the ingredients together and pour into a casserole dish.
Toss it in the oven for 25 minutes or until it’s bubbly and hot. It’s so fast!
Just a Few Ingredients
Do you enjoy recipes with just a few ingredients? Check out our sister site that specializes in 2, 3, 4 and 5 ingredient recipes!
Try some new and different Green Bean Casserole Recipes:
- Gouda Bacon and Portobella Mushroom Green Bean Casserole (a reader favorite!)
- Twisted Green Bean Casserole
- Ellen’s Homemade Green Bean Casserole
Making the Recipe
Don’t wait for the holidays to enjoy this Traditional Green Bean Casserole! This easy side dish can be whipped up in minutes, adding a touch of elegance to any weeknight meal.
Traditional Green Bean Casserole
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups green beans cooked and cut
- 1 ⅓ cups french fried onions
- Mix mushroom soup, milk, black pepper, green beans and 2/3 cup of fried onions in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot.
- Remove and stir.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake an additional 5 minutes.