For some reason, when holiday time rolls around, any holiday, we tend to enjoy playing with our food. Rather, play with how we make it, so yesterday morning in honor of St. Patrick’s Day we decided to make green pancakes, but we wanted to take the a step further and we went with Green Pistachio Pudding Pancakes. They were so good!!
Green Pistachio Pudding Pancakes
- 2 c. flour
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- 2 1/4 Tbs. baking powder
- 1.5 oz (half package) of pistachio pudding mix
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 2 drops green food coloring
- chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat your griddle.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, combine the eggs and melted butter. Add the milk. Drop in food coloring.
- Combine the two bowls, stirring until combined.
- We used a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop out the batter for the pancakes so we wound up with fairly nice sized pancakes. Drop the pancake batter onto the griddle and cook until both sides are golden. Serve with whipped cream and/or syrup. Yum!!