Today is letter P in the A-Z Blogging Challenge and why not go with Pizza. I did consider Pasta for about 4 seconds, but I have a LOT of pasta recipes already and I wanted something I don’t have a lot of.
Do you ever come across a photo on a blog or instagram or twitter of a food item and wonder how they made it? So you google it trying to see if you can come up with a recipe, yet there isn’t one. So you think, what the heck, I’ll improvise. Yep, we did just that with this very easy and delicious Ciabatta Bread Bacon Pizza.
Ciabatta Bread Bacon Pizza
- 1 loaf of Ciabatta bread
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 1 c. fresh basil, chopped (and/or other herbs)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Turn the broiler on high.
- Slice the Ciabatta bread in half, lengthwise.
- Brush olive oil on top of each ciabatta bread slice. Add the minced garlic and the chopped herbs.
- Place the ciabatta bread under the broiler for about 1-2 minutes until a light brown color appears on top. Be super careful not to let it burn while watching it. It takes literally seconds for it to burn.
- Remove from the oven and turn your oven to 275 degrees.
- Add the slices of mozzarella across each slice evenly. Top with the crumbled bacon. (or any other topping you desire)
- Note: If you want tomato sauce or roasted tomatoes or something else under the cheese, add this first.
- Place it all back in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until the mozzarella cheese has melted completely. Remove and allow to cool slightly. SO good!